Filter Widget won't allow me to ask for values.

Jump to solution
01-05-2017 09:12 AM
LucasMurray2
Occasional Contributor II

I'm testing the new filter widget available in Web AppBuilder that came with Portal for ArcGIS 10.5.  When I create a filter with preset values entered, everything works fine.  However, when I check the box to "Ask for values," the filter won't load.

Ask for Values checkbox in filter configuration window

In the filter tab, I can see the filter name with a load icon next to it.  However, it won't finish loading and I can't open/use the filter.  

Filter load icon

I've looked through the help documents about the filter but can't figure out what the issue is.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Lucas

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LucasMurray2

I finally figured out what was going on.  The service I was using in the filter was being pulled in from an ArcGIS Server on my Production machine while the web app I was using was running on my Development machine.  The service is secured so only certain people could access it.  Even though I have permission to view the service and can view it in the web app, I think the filter tool is using the Development machine's credentials when it passes a request to the ArcGIS Server.  Since the Development machine is not permitted to view the file, the Production server was denying access and the web app was getting hung up.  When I copied the data to my Development ArcGIS Server and ran the filter using those files, everything worked as expected.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
LukeWebb
Occasional Contributor III

We have this same issue, assuming a bug ?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

It does sound like a bug. You can check your browsers web console (from the developer tools) to see if there is an error listed there. You will have to call esri tech support to log a bug if it is.

0 Kudos
LukeWebb
Occasional Contributor III

I feel that you are probably hosting data yourself, using an older version of ArcGIS server? We are on 10.3 and it seems to be a bug due to this. (I have a tech support ongoing regarding zoom to on group filter widgets)

0 Kudos
LucasMurray2

I finally figured out what was going on.  The service I was using in the filter was being pulled in from an ArcGIS Server on my Production machine while the web app I was using was running on my Development machine.  The service is secured so only certain people could access it.  Even though I have permission to view the service and can view it in the web app, I think the filter tool is using the Development machine's credentials when it passes a request to the ArcGIS Server.  Since the Development machine is not permitted to view the file, the Production server was denying access and the web app was getting hung up.  When I copied the data to my Development ArcGIS Server and ran the filter using those files, everything worked as expected.

0 Kudos