Esri Contributor

Consider the following workflow using WAB for Developers v1.1

1. Sign-in as user of organization X

2. Create webapp

3. Download webapp as zip file

4. Sign-out

5. Sign-in as user of organization Y

6. Import the webapp as zip file

7. Failed to import the app. This app can only be imported by users of portal: Y (but I am signed-in as user of portal Y)

We are doing this to pre-create apps in our portal for our customers to let them import these apps for further configuration in their portals.

Is this something not supported by WAB for Developers?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MohammedEl_Shafaey
New Contributor III

I have faced the same issue but i found a work-around that helped me so let me tell you what to do

Create a new application on the customer WAB that is logged in his organization then click Edit notice the application Id in the URL to identify the folder of the new application under the Server folder path and then copy the old application files in the Server folder to the new application folder.

Important Note: You have to change the portal URL and all the items IDs in config.json that refer to the old portal and make them refer to the customer portal.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
BenedekSimó
New Contributor III

We have stumbled to the same problem, except that we are doing first the apps with the test environments domain, and then tried to move it to the production server...

Have you ever got this solved?

0 Kudos
MohammedEl_Shafaey
New Contributor III

I have faced the same issue but i found a work-around that helped me so let me tell you what to do

Create a new application on the customer WAB that is logged in his organization then click Edit notice the application Id in the URL to identify the folder of the new application under the Server folder path and then copy the old application files in the Server folder to the new application folder.

Important Note: You have to change the portal URL and all the items IDs in config.json that refer to the old portal and make them refer to the customer portal.

GregRieck
Occasional Contributor III

What exactly is "all the items IDs" ? Could it be that is for the older version of WAB Developer 1.1 and has changed with v2.7?

0 Kudos