Export to shapefile

Jump to solution
04-14-2021 11:18 PM
Sveinung_Bertnes_Råheim
New Contributor III

I have been googleing and searching for a widget that does such a simple thing as export a hosted feature service to a shapefile. The shapefile should be downloaded to the computer you work on.

I have not been able to find any widget or solution. Is this not possible? My setup is 

arcgisonline

Hosted feature layer

Webapp builder

We want to enable this feature to make it possible for users to get a shapefile of some of our content. They need the shapefiles to supplye third party companies with spatial data for use in theyre propriate software (forest entrepreneurs).

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Check if you can make use of the screening widget.

The Screening widget allows you to define an area of interest and analyze specified layers for potential impacts... Analysis results can be inspected in the widget and, optionally, shared via a printed report, CSV file download, or feature download.

On the Download tab, in the Download Settings section, choose one of the following options:

• Feature layers—Choose the layers you want downloaded. This option supports CSV file download and, when the layer is a feature service with sync enabled, file geodatabase and shapefile downloads.
  • Extract Data Task—All layers are enabled for CSV file download, and feature data can be downloaded as file geodatabases or shapefiles with the Extract Data Task geoprocessing tool.
  • Disable download—No data download is enabled.

Think Location

View solution in original post

6 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Check if you can make use of the screening widget.

The Screening widget allows you to define an area of interest and analyze specified layers for potential impacts... Analysis results can be inspected in the widget and, optionally, shared via a printed report, CSV file download, or feature download.

On the Download tab, in the Download Settings section, choose one of the following options:

• Feature layers—Choose the layers you want downloaded. This option supports CSV file download and, when the layer is a feature service with sync enabled, file geodatabase and shapefile downloads.
  • Extract Data Task—All layers are enabled for CSV file download, and feature data can be downloaded as file geodatabases or shapefiles with the Extract Data Task geoprocessing tool.
  • Disable download—No data download is enabled.

Think Location
Sveinung_Bertnes_Råheim
New Contributor III

Thank you. That worked. I think part of my problem was finding the widget. My ArcGISonline setup has norwegian names....

0 Kudos
ahargreaves_FW
Occasional Contributor III

@JayantaPoddar is there anyway to recreate this in Portal/Enterprise so as to be able to export shapefiles?

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Yes. Screening widget is available with ArcGIS Enterprise (Web Appbuilder) 10.7.x or later.

Please find more details in the following link.

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/web-appbuilder/10.9.1/create-apps/widget-screening.htm

Think Location
0 Kudos
ahargreaves_FW
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks @JayantaPoddar. When reviewing that documentation it seems like it should provide my solution. However when I attempt to configure the 'download' section of the screening widget I see this warning. Can you confirm if you are able to successfully download SHP through this widget in ArcGIS Enterprise?

ahargreaves_FW_0-1672927772323.png

MarcoDestavola
New Contributor

I tried to follow the same steps, I can download CSV and GDB feature class, however but no SHP.

MarcoDestavola_0-1706629986998.png

0 Kudos