Expand layer list by default in foldable theme

Jump to solution
08-23-2017 08:08 AM
MarkCooper5
Occasional Contributor II

Hi

I am using the foldable theme in WebApp Builder Developer edition and want to get the layer list to expand by default so that it is open on load. However, I am unable to find what I need to do to make this happen. With the widgets you choose, there is an option to open by default so I assume this must be possible to do in the code somewhere?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Mark,

You need to click the right facing arrow next to the "Set widgets in this controller" link.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Mark,

This question has been asked and answered a couple of time. Here is one such thread:

https://community.esri.com/thread/189567-show-legend-in-layer-list-widget-by-default#comment-663376 

MarkCooper5

Thanks

I have got the layers to expand using this or one of the other replies (perhaps expand wasnt the right term to use) - however, what I need is the layer list to be open on screen when the map opens. I dont want the user to have to click the icon to open it.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Mark,

Well that is a much more simple matter then.

Widget—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developers 

Quote from the above link:

The widget added from the widgets collection can be set to open automatically when apps start. To do so, click the dot on the widget to change it to dark green. 

MarkCooper5

I agree it would be if it wasnt in the header controller! I cant work out how to change the behavior of widgets in here!

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Mark,

It haves no difference if it is in the Header Controller. You still have the option to click on the "Open this widget automatically when app starts" little icon in the lower left of the widget (assuming you don't already have one marked yet).

MarkCooper5

Hi

There is no control at all in the gui for the layer list in this template that I can see, unless I am missing something obvious (which is entirely possible!!)

I dont want to add it to the widgets in the bottom left as I want it appearing on the right as it does when you open it from the header. I am also hoping to open the identify widget on load, which I can from the little button on the widget!

Thanks again

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Mark,

You need to click the right facing arrow next to the "Set widgets in this controller" link.

MarkCooper5

I have just seen that. What an idiot I am!! Thank you so much for all your help. The map is pretty much exactly how I need it now!

0 Kudos