Enterprise application development

Jump to solution
03-10-2015 11:01 PM
shafitrumboo
New Contributor III

Robert Scheitlin, GISPDave Bouwman

We have mainly two applications one for public and other is secure enterprise applications. Users will be authenticated and authorized for using any business module functionality/Widget.

As part of our infrastructure we are going to get ArcGIS server and portal both (On premises). Now my question is what should be our approach for building enterprise applications. As far as WAB is concerned in our context some widgets  can be used directly but some needs to customization but we have to develop most of widgets from scratch according to our requirements. Should we build enterprise applications on top of Web application builder for this or Develop a separate applications?. We want to use WAB.

Please note previously we used ArcGIS Flex viewer and changed the available widgets according to our requirement and also developed new one according to user requirements successfully. Is working with WAB will be going give us same experience.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Shafi,

If you had a site using AGS Viewer for Flex then you can do all of the same things in WAB. It will just take a little custom development just like it did in Flex.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Shafi,

If you had a site using AGS Viewer for Flex then you can do all of the same things in WAB. It will just take a little custom development just like it did in Flex.

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

To get started, check out Web AppBuilder Developer Edition – Customization Resource List​ and Tips and Observations for getting Web AppBuilder -  Developer Edition Installed

disclaimer, these are my blog pages, but they seem to help others.

TimWitt2
MVP Alum

I would start using the WAB and just build custom widget.

The great thing about the WAB is that ESRI does most of the work for you. With this you avoid headaches like, having to develop a mobile version.

Also the user community is very active in developing custom widget and I am sure soon custom themes will pop-up.

shafitrumboo
New Contributor III

Thanks for your the information Rebecca StrauchRobert Scheitlin, GISPTim WittPhilip Heede

I want to know about integration of HA ArcGIS portal (With Third party load bal federated  HA ArcGIS server.

Please i'm using this approach

HA Arcgis server setup

Multiple machine deployment with third party load balancer—Installation Guides | ArcGIS for Server

HA ArcGIS Portal

Configuring a highly available portal—Portal for ArcGIS | ArcGIS for Server

Now please suggest please note we have enterprise custom application

- While Federating which URL should we use after “Click Add Server button” needs below information

Services URL:

Administration URL:

-All communications between Portal and ArcGIS server will be through Load balancer

-Do we need all enterprise users to login first into the portal then they can access the custom application

-In a case when secure services are directly accessed at Https://www.xyz.com/arcgis/rest from application like (Custom enterprise application, Smart phone application). My question is how will be they authenticated

0 Kudos