Distance Measuring Tool Undo Function

08-06-2021 05:42 AM
cmcLearner
New Contributor

Hi there,

I am very new to the ArcGIS System, so please forgive any poor terminology or descriptions. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

I'm currently trying to develop a Distance Measure Tool Widget through the ArcGIS Webapp Builder. The issue is, despite all of the code of pre-existing versions made by ArcGIS and fellow colleagues, I cannot wrap my head around integrating both undo and redo functions.

What I mean by undo and redo functions is when you're using a Distance Measuring Tool, it measures the distance between the points the user selects on the screen. When the user selects 2 or more points, I want to have the functionality that allows the user to press a key on the keyboard to undo their previously plotted point as this functionality, as far as I'm aware, doesn't exist. 

I've looked on the ArcGIS JS website and came across the DistanceMeasure2D tool which does what I need it to do but I'm unsure how I'd integrate that into a widget format that I am able to test and use on a GIS system. 

TLDR; Trying to develop undo/redo functions to undo or redo user plotted points of the Distance Measure Tool Widget.

Any advice, suggestions and recommendations are most welcome.

Thank you

0 Kudos
0 Replies