Displaying Nested Related Records

05-13-2016 07:27 AM
DannyHatcher
Esri Contributor

I have a feature class with nested related records like so: FeatureClass-->Table1-->Table2.  If I click on a feature and select 'show related records' I'll get an attribute table tab with results from Table1.  If I then select a record from that Table 1 tab and try to show related records the option is always disabled (greyed out).  If I open attributes for Table1 via the layer list however this will work correctly for the same record (ie. I can select that record in the tab and then choose 'show related records' and get a tab for Table2 with any records related to the selected item in Table1).

This seems to definitely be a bug.  Any ideas on how to get around this or get it fixed?

15 Replies
LemaoWu
Esri Contributor

We have a plan to show related records (incl. nested related records) on the map pop-up direclty besides the current in Attribute Table widget. It should be in the year-end release of 2016.  

Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Thanks LWu-esristaff . Would be create to enable hyperlinks too in both if a field contains a URL.

0 Kudos
LemaoWu
Esri Contributor

Xander, This would be supported. Thanks. 

sethdocherty
New Contributor

HeyLemao Wu‌, I was wondering if any there is any more news on nested relationships within WAB? It looks like WAB for portal still does not see nest relationships.

For my specific case, I'm clicking on a parcel feature and accessing related table features through the popup. (Related features open up in the attribute table).  My goal is to dig down two tables deep to access information in table 2: Feature Class -> Table 1 -> Table 2

0 Kudos
LemaoWu
Esri Contributor

Hi Seth, The enhancement is available in Web AppBuilder Online version (Dec. 2016) and Developer Edition 2.3. For Portal, it will be in Portal 10.5.1. 

BillSpiking__GISP
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

Can you tell me if editing nested related tables is supported in the latest version of WAB online version?

Thank you,

Bill

0 Kudos