Display virtual tours, 3d models & images in sidepanel

03-09-2018 11:10 AM
DerrickWestoby1
New Contributor III

Good Morning, 

I have a test map set up (link here) that is darn close to the final product I'm looking for. The map contains multiple different types of files created with unmanned aerial systems (UAS) - Orthophoto, 360d photos & 3d models.  The 360d photos are just pulled from the virtual tour (link here) and are attached to point features, and the 3d model (link here) is attached to the individual vineyard boundaries.  

The embedded links work well in the pop-up window, but I'm trying to get them into a docked & user-adjustable side panel instead, such as the widgets displaying the pie charts in the first link. In some cases, we'll have multiple attributes on a feature that have different content, such as a video & a virtual tour. I'd like the two widget panels on the left to be populated with these attributes. 

The "minimalist" app template is very close to what I want, but my only complaint is that the docked pop up window can't be adjusted, whereas the dashboard template CAN be adjusted, but doesn't allow me the popup window as an option.  

Any ideas/suggestions or alternate methods of approach would be greatly appreciated.  I'm brand-spanking-new to ESRI products (< 2 months), so an option in the AGOL web app builder environment would probably be more realistic for me than the desktop app builder.  

Thank you

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DerrickWestoby1
New Contributor III

Just an update, in case anyone else ends up here looking for the same thing. The ESRI Configurable apps team suggested using this code in the custom CSS box on the minimalist template, adjusting pixel sizes as needed:

.drawer-open .content-pane-left{width:300px;}

.content-pane-left{max-width:300px;}

.tab_1 .dijitTabContainerTop-tabs .dijitTab{width:300px;}

.calcite .dijitTab{width: 100px;}

.calcite .dijitTabContainerTop-tabs .dijitTab{min-width:100px;}

Definitely effective enough for the time being. 

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Derrick,

Another option is to use the Custom Popup Panel Widget in your dashboard theme in one of the panels. The Popup Panel Widget takes the popup that normally appears over the map and pushes it to a panel widget that can be added like any other widget.

0 Kudos
DerrickWestoby1
New Contributor III

Thank you for the recommendation, Robert.  I'm going to give this a shot this afternoon. 

0 Kudos
DerrickWestoby1
New Contributor III

Robert, 

It looks like this is for the desktop web app builder, correct?  

I don't have access to that (or the experience to use it), so I've just been using the customizable app templates in the browser-based version of web app builder. Thank you for the recommendation, but I don't think that's applicable (unless I'm completely confused, which is also likely). 

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Derrick,

I assume when you say desktop web app builder you are meaning WAB Developer edition. So it sounds like you are using WAB AGOL version. If that is the case then custom widgets like this will not work for you. But you can uses them in on Premise Portal WAB or WAB Developer edition.

0 Kudos
DerrickWestoby1
New Contributor III

Thanks Robert, I'll save your link for if (when) we get that far.  There's a handful of us that are very convinced that we want to bring a GISP with enterprise experience onboard, we're just working with what we have in the mean time in order to prove the benefit & need to our execs. 

0 Kudos