Deployment issues with WAB

Jump to solution
03-31-2015 03:14 AM
DavidReiffert
New Contributor II

Hi everyone,

i recently created custom applications with the help of the developer edition. It all works fine on the node.js server/localhost.

I then did deploy the apps on my own webserver and completed the steps in this dokument:

Deploy app—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developers

The problem is, that if I try to open one of the apps, I don´t get further than the loading screen. It seems to be stuck right there an I don´t know what to do since I don´t know what I did wrong. That is what it looks like.

5.PNG

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DavidReiffert
New Contributor II

The problem was solved by using an apache server instead of an old microsoft IIS.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

David,

What does your web browsers web console say? There will likely be a error presented there.

0 Kudos
DavidReiffert
New Contributor II

The problem was solved by using an apache server instead of an old microsoft IIS.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

David,

I deploy WAB apps using IIS all the time and do not have any issue... Glad you got your app deployed though.

0 Kudos
DavidReiffert
New Contributor II

Hi Robert,

I think it was the old version that caused the trouble, not the IIS in particular. It did look like it couldn´t handle the .json files at all.

0 Kudos
MichaelJenkins
Occasional Contributor III

Was that original issue only with IE or all browsers?  We have found that when we deploy a WAB app to IIS, we have to add that server to IE's "Trusted Sites" list or it wont load the site.   We have problems using IE to view WAB based sites that are shared here on GeoNet too. 

GISP
0 Kudos
DavidReiffert
New Contributor II

We had the same issue with all testet browsers (Chrome,Firefox and IE)

0 Kudos