Custom Query on Selected Features

08-29-2016 11:33 AM
MikeMacRae
Occasional Contributor III

Hi folks,

I finally gained access to AGOL in my organization and I wanted to build an app with a custom tool. I'm used to developing in python quite often, but javascript is very new to me. I'm just wondering, at this point, what kind of objectivity I have access to using javascipt and web app builder. For example, I've been testing the 'Select' widget to make a spatial selection on a layer I've added. I'd like to be able to take the results of that selection and run a query on the attribute table of those selected features and then export/print/save to an excel spreadsheet. Does this sound doable? Any tips on where I'd start?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Mike,

If you are working with the AGOL version of WAB then customization is not a possibility. You will have to use WAB Dev if you are going to do any customization.

0 Kudos
MikeMacRae
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks Robert. Yes, I'm working with WAB Dev as we speak.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Mike,

What you want to do is very possible but will likely be difficult for someone with no JS experience. The attribute widget does listen for selections that occur on a layer (so it does respond to selections using the select widget) and the AT widget does have the ability to export to a csv. So there may be no need for any custom development.

XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor