custom geoprocessing widget

Jump to solution
11-09-2015 05:42 PM
DouglasLong
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I am a bit new to Web app builder and am learning in my free time.

I am have a simple geoprocessing tool. That I published as a service. I have it successfully running in Web app builder. The input is a polygon that the user draws. I want to modify the widget so that a user enters length and width. Than places a point on the map and t rectangle is drawn.

I know how to build the polgygon based on length and width. But I am lost when it comes to doing this with the geoprocessing widget.

Any help would be great

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Douglas,

Sorry the actual file I was referring to is the [install dir]\server\apps\[App#]\widgets\Geoprocessing\editors\simpleEditors.js

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Douglas,

What you are wanting to do is very custom and would involve a lot of custom development. First let me start off by saying this is not an area I have any experience in. But based on looking at the code for the Geoprocessing widget it looks like you would begin by extending the FeatureSetEditorChooser.html and js to include another radio option for your custom input. Then look at the editors simpleEditors and the mo.SelectFeatureSetFromDraw as a starting point of how you would build a gp input of a featureset.

0 Kudos
DouglasLong
Occasional Contributor

I agree, after reviewing the gp widget. My best best might be creating another widget that builds that polygon separately an than makes I available to be used in another gp tool. I have just have to figure out how to do this, as draw widgets allow for a drawing, but I have been unsuccessful using those graphics/drawings in any gp tools that require a polygon

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Douglas,

Look at the editors simpleEditors and the mo.SelectFeatureSetFromDraw as a starting point of how you would build a gp input of a featureset.

0 Kudos
DouglasLong
Occasional Contributor

OK, I will try using the editor widget as a base. Than build off of it. Allowing user to create a new feature. And than consume that feature in another separate geoprocessing tool

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Douglas,

Sorry the actual file I was referring to is the [install dir]\server\apps\[App#]\widgets\Geoprocessing\editors\simpleEditors.js

0 Kudos