Configure Coordinate Conversion Widget

11-03-2020 08:33 AM
DouglasLudman
New Contributor

I am trying to configure the Coordinate Conversion widget in our Enterprise Portal Web AppBuilder and it is pointing back to //utility.argisonline.com/arcgis.rest/services?f=json

We are in a closed setup and I have dug through the main areas I am familiar with in the application deployment (Widgets, jimu.js, and a few others) but can't seem to find where to point this at our local Geometry service. Any help please 🙂

0 Kudos
5 Replies
KevinGonzago
Esri Contributor

@DouglasLudman Sorry for the late reply. The widget relies on the geometry service and that information is stored in the main config.json at the app root level. You can change that to a local service you have set up on premise. 

0 Kudos
ChristosPolitis
New Contributor

Hi Kevin,

Related to Doug's question, if we're using the Javascript API (4.18) to build custom web apps, do we need to edit the config.js file to reflect where our Geometry Server sits? And outside of editing the config file, is there a way to override that arcgisonline.com path with javascript in the code? I'm having problems getting the Coordinate Conversion widget to function properly.

0 Kudos
KevinGonzago
Esri Contributor

@ChristosPolitis The Coordinate Conversion widget exists in WAB, EXB and JSAPI 4.x. Since you stated JSAPI 4.18, are you trying to reference the Coordinate Conversion widget from the API to your custom web app? Or are you trying to customize the widget in an EXB web app?

0 Kudos
ChristosPolitis
New Contributor

Hi Kevin,

Yes, trying to access the Coordinate Conversion widget through the jsapi 4.18. I did get it to work by pointing to our geometry service with the line
esriConfig.geometryUrl="our url";

Works! Converts coordinates fine, but web console keeps giving me an error message "failed to load the projection module".

It references esri.widgets.CoordinateConversion.CoordinateConversionViewModel in the error.

Any idea why? I tried adding the projection  module in the require section but get the same error.

I'm also getting a bunch of web assembly errors: "async and sync fetching of the wasm failed". Those errors multiply when I try using 4.21 and the data never displays on the map.

Any help or suggestions will be appreciated. Reminder that we're on Portal v10.8 in a closed system setting if that may be a factor.

0 Kudos
KevinGonzago
Esri Contributor

Thanks @ChristosPolitis for the info. I think it might be a challenge to provide a solution/workaround here to your issue. I believe your best bet would be to contact Tech Support where they can possibly help with your code. If it is a bug that you found, they can log it for the JSAPI development team to address.

0 Kudos