Select to view content in your preferred language

Cannot print. Very frustrating problem.

03-26-2019 09:19 AM
CarlTownsend1
New Contributor III

Hi, I'm trying to use the print widget but it fails with the error message failed to create layer from service at http....../..../.../....etc. doesn;'t matter the page size or format, it always fails.

I'm using webAppBuilder 2.11 on our dev server and using locallayer to bring in layers from ArcGIS Server 10.6 via a published mxd.

I had the same problem when I was trying to develop a mapping service using the javascript api. printing would not work there either (It fails silently)

Assuming the print service is an out of the box solution, what else can I look at? I've looked at the setting on ArcGIS server,  I've also tried logging onto our server loading up the map and printing directly from there with no luck. I've really hit a brick wall here and everything I've tried does not work.

Does anyone have any ideas on where I could try looking next? Thanks.

87 Replies
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Hi Tanu Hoque‌, has this issue been logged with support or has a bug been created?  

0 Kudos
TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi David Coley‌,

An internal bug is logged from our side. Would you mind call support and log an issue, let me know and I can link them together.

Thanks a lot.

Tanu

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Hi Tanu Hoque‌, yes thanks I started a support case a couple days ago, and am working with Hadeel Khamiseh‌ on ESRI case # 02616441. 

Thanks-

David

0 Kudos
TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks a lot David Coley‌.

could you pls do me another favor - will it be okay for your to shave your print service definition? we are interested to see where jobs, output and input directories are configured on the machine.

thanks a lot

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Hi Tanu Hoque‌, yes I just shared with Christof from esri support, sorry i dont see his tag here, maybe Hadeel Khamiseh‌ can hook you up.

0 Kudos
TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks David Coley‌,
I'm in touch with Christof on this issue.

appreciate all your help and patience.

0 Kudos
CraigRussell
Esri Contributor

Hi Tanu Hoque

I'm experiencing this exact same issue on a 10.8.1 deployment with a client who upgraded from 10.8; any word on a fix or workaround?

Thanks

Craig

0 Kudos
TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Craig Russell‌,
nothing from my side yet.
I just noticed the post from Igor Streltsov‌ in this thread - his investigation reveals it might be related to SOC user privilege.

CraigRussell
Esri Contributor

BTW, this is not happening on a test 10.8.1 Portal on my local machine (clean installation, not upgrade), so it might be limited to upgraded systems and/or multiple-machine deployments.

0 Kudos
IgorStreltsov1
New Contributor II

Hi, Craig,

What OS are you using? We and our customers and partners have this problem on Win Server 2016 & 2019. These are  five different installations.