Can I integrate a custom widget that can run an old silverlight client program so they interact linkage with each other

Jump to solution
02-01-2016 07:02 AM
KimBülow
New Contributor III

Can I integrate a custom build widget in web appbuilder that can run an old silverlight client program so they interact linkage with each other, or do i need to rewriite the silverligth client to javascript.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Kim,

JS can be made to interact with many different languages but it would always be better to keep your code base in the same language by converting your SL program to JS.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Kim,

JS can be made to interact with many different languages but it would always be better to keep your code base in the same language by converting your SL program to JS.

ChrisSmith7
Frequent Contributor

You should check out Walkthrough: Calling Managed Code from JavaScript

Keep Robert's suggestion in mind - I would drop Silverlight ASAP.

JordanBaumgardner
Occasional Contributor III

First, I'd like to echo Roberts and Chris' comments about diching silferlight as soon a possible. Assuming that you just can't right now, there is an old Flex trick/hack that might work for you.

You could, possibly, load up your Silverlight code/object in a floating div that you place in you startup html. It is possible, using the technique that Chris mentioned to communicate between you Silverlight Div and your JS code. Its klugy, but possible.

KimBülow
New Contributor III

I think i wll  converting our SL program to JS, Thanks.

0 Kudos