Can I change the layer name display?

Jump to solution
03-09-2015 09:21 AM
SusanMordy1
New Contributor II

AGOL.JPG

I would prefer not have an underscore displayed in the map layer name (source of the underscore would be the map service name). Can I rename my map layer names in Web AppBuilder? I know I can do this in AGOL.

Thanks,

Sussan

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
zhongrenGu
New Contributor III

hey, you can't change the name of this,you can only change it in desktop before you publish!

thanks

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
zhongrenGu
New Contributor III

hey, you can't change the name of this,you can only change it in desktop before you publish!

thanks

0 Kudos
StanMcShinsky
Occasional Contributor III

Susan Mordy

In the Developer Version you have more control of things like that. if you go to the attribute config file for your app:     

arcgis-web-appbuilder-1.0\server\apps\##\configs\AttributeTable\config_Attribute Table.json

then you can change the name there.

For the AGOL version I agree with zhongren Gu​ you need to change the name of the layer in the mxd and then republish.

SusanMordy1
New Contributor II

Great thanks, good to know.

0 Kudos
zhongrenGu
New Contributor III

Hey,  in my arcgis-web-appbuilder-1.0,i can't find the "arcgis-web-appbuilder-1.0\server\apps\##\configs\AttributeTable\config_Attribute Table.json", and  i searched in "arcgis-web-appbuilder-1.0" folder, can you send me the whole path.

thanks

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Zhongren,

If you do not make some change in the Attribute Table Widgets settings dialog and save those changes then you will not find the file. The file path will be exactly as Stan suggests

\server\apps\##\configs\AttributeTable\config_Attribute Table.json

zhongrenGu
New Contributor III

Robert Scheitlin:     

copy that.  I must change my widget in customing my widget,then  the path will be success.

thanks

0 Kudos