Add Bing Hybrid into WAB Basemap Gallery

Jump to solution
04-15-2015 11:42 PM
KevinHatch
New Contributor III

I would like to add Bing Maps as a base map using the WAB Basemap Gallery Widget.  Currently I have added it to my web map via AGOL.  When referencing that map in WAB it loads with that base map intact and it is part of my gallery.  However, this requires that the Bing Hybrid loads as default at start up.  It also makes it a pain to manage my web map as I have to remember to add Bing each time before saving. 

is there a way to add it directly to the basemap gallery in WAB?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StanMcShinsky
Occasional Contributor III

Kevin Hatch​,

I am not sure if Bing is different but you could create a blank AGOL map with the bing added as a basemap and save it in a "basemaps" group in your organization. Then in the organization settings under map > basemap gallery you can select the "basemaps" group created and click save. This should add it to the basemap gallery in all organization web maps including WAB.

-Stan

View solution in original post

2 Replies
StanMcShinsky
Occasional Contributor III

Kevin Hatch​,

I am not sure if Bing is different but you could create a blank AGOL map with the bing added as a basemap and save it in a "basemaps" group in your organization. Then in the organization settings under map > basemap gallery you can select the "basemaps" group created and click save. This should add it to the basemap gallery in all organization web maps including WAB.

-Stan

KevinHatch
New Contributor III

That works brilliantly.  Thanks!!!

0 Kudos