Busy indicator won't go away

08-24-2015 11:20 PM
AndersHillström
New Contributor

I have downloaded 1.2 version of AppBuilder Developer Edition. When I create an application for the first time everything works perfect. The second time the Map loads but the “busy indicator” is still showing and won’t go away. Some functionality stops working. If I then clear the browser cache the application works fine again the first time and the second time I run the application the “busy indicator” starts showing again and won’t go away. Has anyone else seen this and know why this is happening?

In the developer tools console (F12) it shows 8 errors: “Error: multipleDefine” that is not there the first time when the cache is cleared and everything is ok.

I get one more error: “Error: declare dijit.form.DataList: base class is not a callable constructor.Error: declare dijit.form.DataList: base class is not a callable constructor.”

0 Kudos
11 Replies
wadsonmakari
New Contributor III

Aaron Lowe,

Do you mind giving further details about adding a header to turn off caching?

0 Kudos
AaronLowe
New Contributor III

If you're hosting your API from IIS you can just add a Custom HTTP Response Header with the name "Cache-Control" and a value of "No-cache" to the directory.  That's on the server side.  This isn't really a recommended practice, but seems to "fix" the issue for us.

0 Kudos