Busy indicator won't go away

08-24-2015 11:20 PM
AndersHillström
New Contributor

I have downloaded 1.2 version of AppBuilder Developer Edition. When I create an application for the first time everything works perfect. The second time the Map loads but the “busy indicator” is still showing and won’t go away. Some functionality stops working. If I then clear the browser cache the application works fine again the first time and the second time I run the application the “busy indicator” starts showing again and won’t go away. Has anyone else seen this and know why this is happening?

In the developer tools console (F12) it shows 8 errors: “Error: multipleDefine” that is not there the first time when the cache is cleared and everything is ok.

I get one more error: “Error: declare dijit.form.DataList: base class is not a callable constructor.Error: declare dijit.form.DataList: base class is not a callable constructor.”

0 Kudos
11 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Anders,

I have not seen or heard of this issue before. Have you tried re-downloading the app and overwriting the previous folder that you had it in?

0 Kudos
HerdisGudbrandsdottir
New Contributor III

Do you load any other frameworks e.g. in a custom widget? take a look at the thread here: multipleDefine error in dojoLoader it could have something to do with the order of the loading of frameworks.

The DataList error - in what .js file and line number does it occur?

0 Kudos
JunshanLiu
Occasional Contributor III

Anders,

Which browser do you use?

GeorgeKatsambas

I also had numerous issues with V 1.2, the busy/working icon would not go away, widget editing and functionality were not working. Had to do numerous refreshes to get a response. I was useing IE 10, switched to Chrome and so far no issues yet, mind you just switched to chrome yesterday.

0 Kudos
ZeZhengLi
Esri Contributor

Anders,

We are able to reproduce the loading problem on IE10. As a fact, this is a bit tricky. We are working on it.

Zezheng

AaronLowe
New Contributor III

I'm still getting this exact problem with IE 10 on WAB 1.3.  Is this still being worked on?

Thanks.

It seems to be a problem with timing.  If I delete the javascript api files from my Temporary Internet Files folder, it loads correctly without errors.

0 Kudos
wadsonmakari
New Contributor III

Did anyone find a solution to this problem?

0 Kudos
GeorgeKatsambas

I had the same issue so use Chrome now.

0 Kudos
AaronLowe
New Contributor III

I worked around the issue by hosting the JS API locally and then added a Header to turn of caching so it has to download the API on every load.  Not sure why it works, but it is probably a timing issue.  Events fire out of sequence or something like that...  It works consistently now.

0 Kudos