AppBuilder Invalid redirect_uri

Jump to solution
01-14-2015 01:17 PM
SarahLinden
New Contributor II

This is my first time using web app builder. I got to the point where I registered my apps URL properly, but must have used the wrong App ID....... I can't seem to get back to where I re-enter the appropriate app ID and am instead taken to a page that is blank and just says invalid redirect_uri

Anyone experience the same issue? Help! What should I do???

Tags (1)
31 Replies
Noah-Sager
Esri Regular Contributor

Right.

Are you working with the Developer Edition? I assumed so from the start, but perhaps not. If you are, then that means that you will be locally hosting the WAB application. The server that you will be hosting it on will be the redirect uri. This maps to the same thing as "localhost", if that make sense.

Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS - ArcGIS Online

Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS - Developers Edition   

0 Kudos
SarahLinden
New Contributor II

I see, so I am understanding more now. Okay, here is the question - What if I am hosting or want to host through my amazon web console? Right now, I just downloaded the web app builder (developer edition) to my local computer hard drive - can it not operate this way? (at least temporarily as I get a feel for what I am doing?)

0 Kudos
SarahLinden
New Contributor II

and then migrate it onto AWS

0 Kudos
Noah-Sager
Esri Regular Contributor

That should be fine, but I would recommend hosting the application on a web server, either your local server or amazon. A server connection of some sort will be required. The redirect_uri is a required field, and must point back to the server that the web appBuilder is hosted on.

If you just want to get a feel for what you are doing, why not just use the AGOL version until you are ready to deploy the developer edition on a web server?

0 Kudos
SarahLinden
New Contributor II

okay sure, I can do that. Actually, I'm happy to do that. I didn't realize that the capabilities were the same - I thought the AGOL version had limited capabilities, but if not - hey I'll try it and go from there.

Thanks for your responses Noah Sager, you have been most helpful.

albertlee1
New Contributor

hi noah, what if the machine resides behind a corporate firewall? is the only way to do this is to use a machine that is exposed on the internet?

0 Kudos
Noah-Sager
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Albert. As far as I know, you will need to either allow access through the firewall, or indeed use a machine that is accessible to the outside internet. Hope this helps!

0 Kudos
DanSpinosa
New Contributor II

Has anybody had luck with this issue?  I've tried quite a few of the above suggestions and no luck.

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

have you tried manually registering your machine on AGOL before firing it up.  This worked for me, and several others.  May not be the same, but all worth a try...and I haven't had that problem since (and I've registered additional development machines.

Tips and Observations for getting Web AppBuilder -  Developer Edition Installed

this assumes using the latest WAB dev edition (v1.0) and AGOL for Oganization account to register.

DanSpinosa
New Contributor II

Thanks for your quick response.  Steps 3h and 3i worked for me.  I needed

to use my computer name rather than localhost in the URI redirect.

Dan Spinosa

0 Kudos