Crowdsource Manager Continuation

Jump to solution
11-30-2022 01:24 PM
LaurenCammack01
New Contributor III

I'm wondering if there has been mention of discontinuing support or upgrades for the crowdsource manager web application. I see it was last updated this month, however it is still being used with Map Viewer Classic.

Will it still be suppoted but not upgraded to use the new map viewer? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AzizaParveen1
Esri Contributor

Hi Lauren,

We will continue supporting Crowdsource Manager, there is no plan for retiring the app. It is still being used with Map Viewer Classic but It supports new map viewer as well. 

Are you seeing any issue with new map viewer?

There is a plan to release new generation (4.x version) app in next year before User Conference.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AzizaParveen1
Esri Contributor

Hi Lauren,

We will continue supporting Crowdsource Manager, there is no plan for retiring the app. It is still being used with Map Viewer Classic but It supports new map viewer as well. 

Are you seeing any issue with new map viewer?

There is a plan to release new generation (4.x version) app in next year before User Conference.

0 Kudos
LaurenCammack01
New Contributor III

We have a solution built using Crowdsource Manger and I haven't dug into all the details quite yet. I have noticed that the filtering functionality is only capable using Map Viewer Classic. They would like to select multiples in the filter, which is possible in Map Viewer but not an option in Map Viewer Classic. As I keep digging into the solution I will see if I notice any other differences.

Thank you for the quick response!

0 Kudos
LaurenCammack01
New Contributor III

@AzizaParveen1 I read through the updates that WAB will be phased out and we should be going through Experience Builder for any new applications. Do you know if there is a plan or something already exists to create the Crowdsource Manager in Experiece Builder?

0 Kudos
AzizaParveen1
Esri Contributor

Hi Lauren,

No not in Experience Builder, but we are planning to release Crowdsource Manager as an instant app template which will work pretty much the same way Manager does now. The release will be sometime this fall, I do not have exact date for this release.

LaurenCammack01
New Contributor III

Oh great, thank you for the quick response!

0 Kudos