Anonymous User Access - Portal Web Apps (Dev Edition)

Jump to solution
12-16-2015 09:22 AM
BenGrod
Occasional Contributor III

Anyone come across the inability for an Anonymous User to access a Web App deployed on Portal for ArcGIS 10.3.1 via Web AppBuilder Developer Edition v1.2? The Web Map is shared to 'Everyone' as is all of the content and the basemap is the standard out of the box Esri basemaps. Interesting thing is the same user (Anonymous) can access the Web Map that feeds into that Web App. Also that same user can access the Web App if it was built through the Portal wizard for building a Web App. So, in a nutshell why can't an Anonymous (non named users) access Web Apps published through Web AppBuilder Developer Edition v1.2?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ColeAndrews

@Ben, here's a bug that was "addressed" in v1.3:

BUG-000087830: Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS Developers Edition does not allow anonymous access to an application when Portal for ArcGIS is configured with Integrated Windows Authentification (IWA). The web maps configured with the application are shared with everyone in Portal for ArcGIS.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
HunterCarver
Occasional Contributor

Ben,

We are having the exact same issue.  Are you on Azure?  We have Azure running Windows Server 2012.  I even tried adjusting the Local Policies in Windows to allow anonymous and still nothing.

0 Kudos
HunterCarver
Occasional Contributor

I just downloaded and tested WAB dev 1.3 and tested.  As Cole says, no issues!

0 Kudos
ColeAndrews

@Ben, here's a bug that was "addressed" in v1.3:

BUG-000087830: Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS Developers Edition does not allow anonymous access to an application when Portal for ArcGIS is configured with Integrated Windows Authentification (IWA). The web maps configured with the application are shared with everyone in Portal for ArcGIS.

ColeAndrews

We'll soon be launching an WAB dev 1.3 app referencing a map on portal 10.3.1...I hope this isn't a bug.

Edit: We were working on one in v1.2, but since 1.3 was released, moved to that version. I can confirm though, that if the app was created using the WAB packaged with Portal 10.3.1, we didn't have any issues deploying it on a web server.

BenGrod

Thanks to everyone for their reply, especially Cole! That BUG notice is a bummer and we will have to search for a work around, change our strategy, or wait for a patch/new version of WEB Dev Edition.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ben,

The bug mentioned was Fixed in the 1.3 release. So all you need to do is upgrade to WAB 1.3.

BenGrod

Thanks Robert!

0 Kudos