Adjusting 'Campus Place Locator" in Web AppBuilder

Jump to solution
04-25-2017 05:08 AM
HlynurIngólfsson
New Contributor III

Howdy ya'll!

So I am working on developing the "Campus Place Locator" application further (see here Campus Place Locator | ArcGIS for Local Government).

Does anyone here know how it is possible to import the code for the Campus app to the Web AppBuilder for developers and get it up and running there so it can be developed further? Or is it not possible?

-Hlynur.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Hlynur,

This may be possible with a great deal of development effort, but as far as an easy import of that template the answer is no.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Hlynur,

This may be possible with a great deal of development effort, but as far as an easy import of that template the answer is no.

0 Kudos
HlynurIngólfsson
New Contributor III

Thanks for swift answers Robert, that's too bad, but it is what it is

Our problem is that we have gone through the steps described here Get started overview - Campus Place Locator | ArcGIS for Local Government and now when accessed in the browser then we only get this (see attached PNG).

So the code is getting through to some point (we see the banner), while the layers and the tools for the service are not publishing/activating (its just a blank screen like you see on the PNG) . Any idea what might be causing?

I work for a corporation and we are doing all behind strict firewalls and Portal.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Hlynur,

What if any errors are present in your browsers web console when you attempt to open the app?

0 Kudos
HlynurIngólfsson
New Contributor III

We will go through that now and hopefully that is just it, if not then I guess I will post some more here.

Thanks yet again Robert.

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Hlynur Ingolfsson  If you do have more questions with the Campus Locator development, you may want to post in

Local Government Solutions Users     and tag the   ArcGIS API for Javascript  (I'm assuming it is Javascript) or other groups by using the @ and the name of the place/group in Geonet.  It will get more exposure.

HlynurIngólfsson
New Contributor III

Hey there Rebecca, I have no posted my Campus Place Locator problems in:
https://community.esri.com/message/691069-campus-place-locator-on-portal 

0 Kudos