Adding related records in Web AppBuilder.

10-06-2017 06:00 AM
RyanPurdy
Occasional Contributor

I am following the instructions on this link: Edit widget—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

When I open my app I don't see a pencil icon next to the related table that I should see in instruction 1 (d).  I have a right arrow that only allows me to see the related record and then edit it. There aren't any options to add a related record.  Is there something I am missing? 

0 Kudos
21 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ryan,

Is your related data published as a FeatureServer service and does it allow for edits?

0 Kudos
RyanPurdy
Occasional Contributor

I believe so.  Here are the settings.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ryan,

Is that for the parent data or the related data?

0 Kudos
RyanPurdy
Occasional Contributor

They are the settings for the feature layer.  Is that just for the parent data?  I attached a screenshot of where I go to see the settings.  

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

That is just the parent data. You are wanting to edit the relayed data so you need to check the edit permissions on those layers

RyanPurdy
Occasional Contributor

Robert where would I find those permissions?  Under the tables I don't see an option.  I went back in to the app and I can edit records in related tables I just can't add records.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ryan,

Go to the tables service url link and see if the service url has

Capabilities: Create,Delete,Query,Update,Uploads,Editing

RyanPurdy
Occasional Contributor

This is the link:

https://services.arcgis.com/q3mIlR87lZlZsds3/arcgis/rest/services/Current_2017_10_2_v2/FeatureServer...

When I scroll to the bottom it does show Add Records as a supported operation.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ryan,

I am out of suggestions then. It looks like it is time for you to call esri tech support on this issue.

0 Kudos