Add Data Widget fails to add GPX file

02-10-2017 04:29 AM
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

Add Data Widget fails to add GPX file. Add Data widget—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS | ArcGIS  indicates that in WAB 2.3, one should be able to "Drag" or "Add" a GPX file to a web map using the widget. That does not occur, instead, an error message "Generate Feature Error: Data upload to hosted server failed". This is on an instance hosted internally, deployed using WAB for Developers. I am able to add zipped shapefiles (any projection) as well as csv files. I have tried many GPX files, which work fine in DNRGARMIN and Basecamp, so the problem is not with the GPX file. Happens with multiple versions of Chrome, Firefox, and IE. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
17 Replies
simoxu
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Thomas,

Have you found the solution yet? I have the same issue not only for gpx data, but also for geojson data.

Cheers

0 Kudos
DanielWilson
New Contributor III

Hello Thomas, 

If you have found a solution please share.  I have the same issue.

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

All,

We've identified a bug on May9th related to this topic,

> BUG-000104018 When Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) is configured with Portal for ArcGIS, adding a .gpx file using the Add Data widget fails.

We are currently investigating the problem. If you could please open an incident with Esri Tech Support, that may help us to track down and resolve the issue.

Hope this helps,

ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

I have previously logged a case on this and attached it to the bug. Hopeful that a patch is released asap. 

CarmellaBurdi1
New Contributor III

Any movement on this?

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Carmella,

We are still working on BUG-000104018.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
CarmellaBurdi1
New Contributor III

Any estimate on time? 

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Carmella,

Sorry, I don't have an estimate at this time for a fix.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
AliBarakat
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Derek Law‌,

I'm also facing a problem while using add data widget for GPX and GeoJson files.

Error message: "Generate Features error: Data upload to hosted server failed".

I'm using ArcGIS enterprise 10.5.1, and im using Federated and Hosted server.

Is there any update on this?

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos