Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Extensibility SDK for Silverlight 3.0 and Visual Studio 2012

10-01-2012 04:05 PM
JoseSousa
Esri Contributor
Hi,

Are there any plans of releasing a new version of the Extensibility SDK referencing the ArcGIS API for Silverlight 3.0? And what about Visual Studio 2012? Will it install the templates in VS2012? 

Regards,
Jose
0 Kudos
7 Replies
nakulmanocha
Esri Regular Contributor
The new Extensibility API compatabile with ArcGIS API for Silverlight 3.0 is expected to release with the release of the ArcGIS Viewer for Silverlight. For more information on the release please refer to this post

Thank you.
0 Kudos
JoseSousa
Esri Contributor
Hi Nakul,

Thanks for your reply.
Will the new release install the templates in Visual Studio 2012?

Regards,
Jose
0 Kudos
EzequiasRodrigues_da_Rocha
New Contributor III
I just change the Client dll and the target of my addin to Silverlight 5 (in the viewer template) and it simple didn't work anymore.

Is there any problem to use extensibility (2.4) with Client 3.0 ?

Could you tell me if there is a 3.0 Visual Studio 2010 Viewer template also?

Regards
Ezequias
0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor
Hi Jose,

Will the new release install the templates in Visual Studio 2012?

No. The ArcGIS Viewer for Silverlight v3.0 extensibility template is for Visual Studio 2010. We are planning on supporting Visual Studio 2012 in the next Silverlight Viewer release (targeting later this year/early next year).

Hi Ezequias,

Is there any problem to use extensibility (2.4) with Client 3.0?

No, this is not supported. You will need to upgrade to the ArcGIS v3.0 API for Silverlight.

Could you tell me if there is a 3.0 Visual Studio 2010 Viewer template also?

Yes, please see my response to Jose above.

Hope this helps,
0 Kudos
EzequiasRodrigues_da_Rocha
New Contributor III
Hi Law

Thank you for the information, the template created a version pointing to many 3.0 libraries but the application simply does not open. I have the Silverlight 5.0 installed and the application just appears blank.

I tried to change my add-in and layout projects to use Silverlight 5 as a target and the application does not compile.

Have you any other tips for me by now?

Regards
Ezequias
0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor
Hi Ezequias,

... the template created a version pointing to many 3.0 libraries but the application simply does not open. I have the Silverlight 5.0 installed and the application just appears blank. I tried to change my add-in and layout projects to use Silverlight 5 as a target and the application does not compile.

If you are using version 1.0.1 of the Silverlight Viewer and version 2.4 of the Viewer extensibility API, you need to use Silverlight 4 and ArcGIS API for Silverlight v2.4 . You can get the Silverlight 4 Tools for Visual Studio 2010 here and Silverlight API v2.4 here.

It will not be possible to use Silverlight 5 and ArcGIS API for Silverlight v3.0 to develop add-ins until the next version of the Viewer is released.

Hope this helps,
0 Kudos
JoseSousa
Esri Contributor
Hi Derek,

Thanks a lot for the information.

Cheers,
Jose
0 Kudos