Select to view content in your preferred language

Upgrading Existing Application Not Working

Jump to solution
10-30-2012 08:18 AM
TomFlahive
New Contributor III
We installed the new Silverlight Viewer 3.0, but are running into problems when upgrading existing applications.  The new viewer installed fine, and all of our previous applications are showing up.  However, when we hit the Upgrade icon (arrow), and then open the application by clicking on the URL, the browser just opens to a blank window.  We can't view the application.  But we are able to hit the edit button and edit the application fine.  All of our data is there and everything looks fine.  We just can't view it.  Any help would be appreciated.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RichZwaap
Occasional Contributor III
Glad to hear it worked in Firefox - looks like we're getting somewhere.  Can you open a command prompt (running as administrator if you're on Windows Vista, 7, 2008, or 2008 R2) and enter this command:

rundll32.exe inetcpl.cpl,ClearMyTracksByProcess 8

This will force a clear of your IE cache.  I know you cleared the cache through the UI, but I've seen cases where this inexplicably does not work, whereas clearing it from the command line does.  Alternatively, you could try loading the site in IE on a machine where it hasn't been loaded before.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
nakulmanocha
Esri Regular Contributor
Could you please look into the ../wwwroot/Apps/<Application folder> if you have the Viewer.xap file? Since you upgraded you should also have Viewer.xap.bak. If yes did you try to clear the browser cache after the upgrade?

Thanks,
0 Kudos
TomFlahive
New Contributor III
Yes, for the application we upgraded, I find both Viewer.xap, and Viewer.xap.bak in the application folder.  Also, I just tried clearing the cache, but still no luck getting the application to show up in the browser.  I also tried hitting the site from another computer, but no luck there either (I'm getting a "Cannot display the webpage" message).
0 Kudos
RichZwaap
Hi Tom:

Can you try opening your browser's script console, refreshing the application that's not loading, and reporting any errors listed in the console?
0 Kudos
TomFlahive
New Contributor III
So I opened the application link in FireFox so I could see any errors using FireBug, and the link worked.  The application opened.  But when I open the same link in Internet Explorere (IE 9), it still doesn't work.  When I use Fiddler to detect errors in IE 9, I do not see any.  The browser is still blank.
0 Kudos
RichZwaap
Glad to hear it worked in Firefox - looks like we're getting somewhere.  Can you open a command prompt (running as administrator if you're on Windows Vista, 7, 2008, or 2008 R2) and enter this command:

rundll32.exe inetcpl.cpl,ClearMyTracksByProcess 8

This will force a clear of your IE cache.  I know you cleared the cache through the UI, but I've seen cases where this inexplicably does not work, whereas clearing it from the command line does.  Alternatively, you could try loading the site in IE on a machine where it hasn't been loaded before.
0 Kudos
TomFlahive
New Contributor III
That worked!  The updated apps are now showing up in IE.  Thanks.
0 Kudos
BrianGoble
New Contributor II
Thank you!
Similar issue with upgrade.  Clearing the cache with the command line worked.
0 Kudos