Select to view content in your preferred language

Updating ArcGIS Viewer for Flex

Jump to solution
07-22-2014 11:13 AM
GeorgePapamihalakis
New Contributor III

I am going to be upgrading from 3.3 to 3.6 soon. If I upgraded the main application, but not the viewers/widgets at first, would everything still function until I upgraded the viewer? The reason I ask is that I have a bunch of viewers configured a certain way and I wouldn't want to break all of them at once. So Id like to tackle each one individually until I finish them all. I seem to remember it being that way but I don't remember for sure. Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AnthonyGiles
Frequent Contributor II

George,

if you create separate instances of your applications under a different folder the you should be able to upgrade without effecting your current applications then once you are happy swap them over.

you are best to upgrade both your application and widgets to the same version at the same time, running old widgets could cause problems.

regards

Anthony

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AnthonyGiles
Frequent Contributor II

George,

if you create separate instances of your applications under a different folder the you should be able to upgrade without effecting your current applications then once you are happy swap them over.

you are best to upgrade both your application and widgets to the same version at the same time, running old widgets could cause problems.

regards

Anthony

GeorgePapamihalakis
New Contributor III

Yeah, turns out all of the applications/widgets work until you upgrade them. So I was just creating duplicates, configured them and then replaced the old applications with my new ones.

0 Kudos