Invalid tile service

07-31-2014 01:33 AM
anne-laurefernet
New Contributor II

Hello,

I am working with arcgis server 10.0 and flex 2.5.

I would like to create a tiled map service.

I craeted a mxd and a msd, published my map service and I went to the properties of the map service to create the cache.

To try, I selected the 3 first scales of the tiles from Arcgis Online. They are created and exist in the arcgiscache folder.

in the config file, I have the line for my mapservice with type = tiled.

In the arcgis server manager, my service appears well as cached.

But then when I want to acces the viewer, I have an error : "fault info : E0005E : Invalid tile service".

I think I folowed all the steps to create a cache as described in arcgis ressources.

Any idea of what I could have missed?

Another question : even though I selected only three scales to create my cache, all the scales appears in the liste of scales on the map service properties. There is no indication that I selected only the three first ones to create my cache. Is that normal?

Thanks for your help!

Anne.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Anne,

There are tools in ArcCatalog for checking the status of a map cache. They are located under System Tools > Server Tools > Caching. I would start by using "Manage Map Server Cache Status" and Manage mode REBUILD_CACHE_STATUS.

0 Kudos
anne-laurefernet
New Contributor II

Robert,

I don't have this tool, only "Manage map server cache scales" and "manage map server cache tiles".

I'm in 10.0, should I have this one?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Good Morning Anne,

I had that same error a few weeks ago.  I am in flex 3.5, but have you tried changing type="tiled" to type="dynamic" in the config.xml, it worked for me?

-Allison

0 Kudos
anne-laurefernet
New Contributor II

Allison,

It works indeed when I change type = "dynamic" in  the config file. But I would like to display it as tiled. This is a copy of a mapservice, made to test the caching.

thanks anyway!

0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

Been a while, and no tiled services (or time) to test, but if I remember correctly, you either need to load a cached service as tiled for the first basemap that gets loaded (this is where the flexviewer "sets" the cache levels) OR actually set the LOD's in the config.xml of the FV map.

R_

see <lods> near the bottom of this link:

ArcGIS Viewer for Flex

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Alison,

I don't remember if that tool was available in 10.0 sorry. It does sound like there is an issue with your cache though and probably has nothing to do with Flex. Using ArcGIS Server Manager go to the map service and click on the Caching tab and check if the option "Draw this map service": "Using tiles from a cache is selected.

0 Kudos
anne-laurefernet
New Contributor II

Robert,

The option is well checked as "using tiles from a cache".

I'll redo the process to see if I missed a step while creating the cache.

Thanks,

Anne

0 Kudos