Select to view content in your preferred language

arcpy.mapping buffer results in flex

07-31-2014 10:38 PM
LefterisKoumis
Regular Contributor II

I have read the example for the advanced printing and how to use the arcpy.mapping to print to pdf. However, I'm trying to figure out how to use the results of a buffer query in a flex app that creates a graphicslayer to be the input for the geoprocessing service to print just the results of the query to the pdf.

Ideas?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Lefteris,

I thought that the print widget handled the printing of graphics layers. Maybe you can explain more specifics of your workflow.

0 Kudos
LefterisKoumis
Regular Contributor II

That's correct, the print widget handles the printing of graphics layers that are visible on the map.

Can you print a specific graphicslayer and not all of the visible layers?

To elaborate, in a more complex situation if you perform a buffer analysis on several layers, the result is several graphicslayers and I would like to print each layers in a multi page pdf. It is obviously a loop situation. The print task just gets the current map (and what ever layers are visible) and perform the task. I need to change the input for the print task gp service to a specific graphics layer. Is that possible? Or, do I need to modify the python script as it is shown in ArcGIS Help 10.1

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Lefteris,

Well I don't have much advice on that workflow then. I am not sure if the print python is even capable of a multipage pdf. But as far as being able to specify which graphics layer to print, no that does not exist, it is just what is visible at the tie of the print.

0 Kudos