Symbolize features differently based on an attribute - Enhanced Search Widget

03-31-2011 10:27 AM
JeremyCantor
New Contributor III
I don't think this is possible, but correct me if I'm wrong.  I'm using the Enhanced Search Widget.  I want to symbolize point data differently based on an attribute.  The specific field only has two values.  I would like points with one value to have one symbol and points with the other value to be symbolized with a different symbol.  Is this possible?  Robert, any chance this functionality can be added in the future?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Jeremy,

I will add it to the wish list of enhancements but If you could work through in your mind how this would be setup in the xml file and let me know, it might help me visualize what you are after.
0 Kudos
JeremyCantor
New Contributor III
What I'm talking about is pretty much an If statement.  If Attribute X = A then use Symbology 1, Else use Symbology 2.  I'm not sure how you would go about doing that in the XML file.
0 Kudos
JeremyCantor
New Contributor III
Is there any way to use the symbology from the map service?  That seems like the easy solution, but I'm not sure if that's possible in FLEX.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Jeremy,

That would be possible if everyone was using ArcGIS Server 10.
0 Kudos
JeremyCantor
New Contributor III
Ah, that's too bad.  This would make my site a whole lot better.  Thanks for the response.
0 Kudos