Select to view content in your preferred language

PrintWidget Layout dropdown list - How to get rid of some items

Jump to solution
07-23-2012 12:06 PM
ShaningYu
Honored Contributor
In V3, I want to get rid of some items in the PrintWidget layout dropdown list.  However, all of these items are defined in the server-side Geoprocessing Print Tool.  Is there a way to filter out some of the items?  Thanks.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
20 Replies
ShaningYu
Honored Contributor
When I added it there got Error #1090: XML parser failure: element is malformed.
See my xml file:
<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<configuration>
    <!-- change this URL to your own Export Web Map Task (requires ArcGIS Server 10.1), or just remove the taskurl tag to get quick printing -->
<taskurl>http://10.74.44.31:6080/ArcGIS/rest/services/Utilities/PrintingTools/GPServer/Export%20Web%20Map%20T...</taskurl>
<layouttemplates visible="false"MAP_ONLY</layouttemplates>
</configuration>

Shanning,

It goes in the PrintWidget.xml
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Shanning,

You need to pay closer attention to your typing:

<layouttemplates visible="false">MAP_ONLY</layouttemplates>
0 Kudos
ShaningYu
Honored Contributor
When I include this code in the xml, the whole textInput box for the Layout is GONE.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Shanning,

Yep that is what:
means.
0 Kudos
ShaningYu
Honored Contributor
Robert: 
The solution you provided works well.  Thanks.
Shaning
0 Kudos
DavidAlford1
Occasional Contributor
I have created a custom Layout, configured it using the ExportWebMap, and made it a service on my ArcGIS server 10.1.  Problem is, I am trying to find a way to make the Title of my map change (dynamic) by allowing the user to put their own title.

I have posted this before and have not got ANY response by ESRI...

HELLO...Where are you ESRI? Your tutorial doesn't cover this!!
0 Kudos
BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor
I have posted this before and have not got ANY response by ESRI...

HELLO...Where are you ESRI?

Hi David,
To contact Esri for Technical Support, please see http://support.esri.com/.

Also, it is usually better to create a new thread than adding a question to an existing thread, especially if the original question has already been answered.
0 Kudos
DerekHunter1
Deactivated User
Shanning,

Yep that is what:
means.

I am attempting to remove the MAP_ONLY drop down option since we want the user to always have a Disclaimer. When I add
<layouttemplates visible="false">MAP_ONLY</layouttemplates> to PrintWidget.xml it removes MAP_ONLY, adds the image types (PDF, jpg, svg.......) and takes away the A3, A4, Letter & Tabloid layout options. We want the layout sizes left in the drop down.  Also, even though the Title, Author & Disclaimer boxes are still usable, they do not display when <layouttemplates visible="true">MAP_ONLY</layouttemplates> is used.
0 Kudos
DerekHunter1
Deactivated User
Shanning,

Yep that is what:
means.

I am attempting to remove the MAP_ONLY drop down option since we want the users' prints to always have a Disclaimer. When I add
<layouttemplates visible="false">MAP_ONLY</layouttemplates> to PrintWidget.xml it removes MAP_ONLY, but adds the image types
(pdf, jpg, svg.......) and also takes away the A3, A4, Letter & Tabloid layout options. We want the layout sizes left in the drop down.
0 Kudos
CarolineCochrane
Deactivated User
Hi Derek,

I seem to have reached the exact same issue as yourself, whereby the formats show in the drop down now such as .jpg etc rather than the original templates.

Did you get this resolved?

All the best,

Caroline
0 Kudos