Popup with Attribute data and  Image

Jump to solution
12-18-2013 06:01 AM
DustinHolt
Occasional Contributor
I'm trying creating a simple single feature class flex map that will display a pop up window with attribute data and an image in the same window. Basically the same functionality as a feature class with attachments in arcmap when you use the HTML popup tool. I have everything set up properly in Flex application builder but the image only appears as a link in the window. Can anyone give me a push in the right direction?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AnthonyGiles
Frequent Contributor
Dustin,

You don't say if you are using the the standard pop ups in the out of the box viewer or if you are implementing your own popup.

How are your images stored and what file format are they? Are they on a web server, so you are accessing them via a URL or are they attachments to your features in your geodatabase?

If you are using the OOB viewer are you using the media tag to specify your image or are you using the showattachments tag?

http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/flex-viewer/concepts/index.html#/Pop_up_configuration_files/01m3...

If you paste up your popup config file we can have a look at what may be wrong.

Regards

Anthony

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
20 Replies
AnthonyGiles
Frequent Contributor
Dustin,

You don't say if you are using the the standard pop ups in the out of the box viewer or if you are implementing your own popup.

How are your images stored and what file format are they? Are they on a web server, so you are accessing them via a URL or are they attachments to your features in your geodatabase?

If you are using the OOB viewer are you using the media tag to specify your image or are you using the showattachments tag?

http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/flex-viewer/concepts/index.html#/Pop_up_configuration_files/01m3...

If you paste up your popup config file we can have a look at what may be wrong.

Regards

Anthony
0 Kudos
DustinHolt
Occasional Contributor
Yes, I am using the standard pop ups in the out of the box viewer.

My images are jpg�??s and are stored on a separate server as attachments to my geodatabase.

I�??m not sure what media tag is? I went into the configure window of the layer in application builder clicked on pop-up edit tab with the pencil next to it, clicked show attachments. This would give me a pop-up window with attribute data and a window with a link to the image (attached). I clicked on the link and the image would appear in my browser.

The other way I did it was by using the custom tab in the configure window and adding the image URL, that worked but the image was very small with no attribute data.

I have also attached my config file.

Thanks
0 Kudos
AnthonyGiles
Frequent Contributor
Dustin,

Have you looked at the application builder popup help, there is an example of exactly what you are trying to achieve:

http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/flex-viewer/concepts/index.html#/Configuring_pop_ups_in_Applicat...

Could you post up you pop up xml not your main xml for us to troubleshoot

Regards

Anthony
0 Kudos
DustinHolt
Occasional Contributor
I tried the way the example showed in your link, but it's still only showing me the link to the image not the image itself. Could I be having a URL problem. Here is a example of the URL for the image "R:\Picture_Attachments\CHAHTA_Facilities_Pictures". I have attache3d the pop-up xml.
0 Kudos
DustinHolt
Occasional Contributor
Oops, here the attachment.
0 Kudos
AnthonyGiles
Frequent Contributor
Dustin,

The link needs to go to a URL e.g. Http://....../..../.jpg not a file path. The best way to do this is create a virtual directory on your server that looks at the folder that contains your images, you can then access your images through a valid URL

In your xml you are just hard coding a path to your image folder there is no field name being added to the path to specify which image to use

Regards

Anthony
0 Kudos
DustinHolt
Occasional Contributor
Create a virtual directory on my GISWeb server or SQL server?

Thanks Anthony
0 Kudos
AnthonyGiles
Frequent Contributor
On your web server that is serving your flex application. Help on creating a virtual directory:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/172138

Regards

Anthony
0 Kudos
DustinHolt
Occasional Contributor
Thanks Anthony,
It's up and running now. Images and attribute are both showing. Can I resize the window and/or the image?
0 Kudos