Select to view content in your preferred language

Identify Widget v3.2 for FlexViewer 3.2 Configuration Issues

Jump to solution
04-23-2013 05:20 AM
JonathonMerrick
New Contributor III
I have set <layers onlythese="true"> in an attempt to only identify features (tax parcels) in a specified <layer>.  After clicking on a feature, nothing happens.  If I switch <layers onlythese=> to false, the identify starts working after a feature is clicked but will return results from every layer.

Link to flexviewer application
Link to REST map service

I know it must be something obvious, but I can't seem to crack this nut... Ideas?

IdentifyWidget_BC.xml attached.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Jon,

Glad to help.

Don't forget to click the Mark as answer check on this post and to click the top arrow (promote).
Follow these steps as shown in the below graphic:

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Jon,

In your main config.xml for the viewer you need to use your fully qualified URLs and not your machine name as your basemap urls. Also I would advise you to consider installing Web Adaptor so the you do not have to use :6080 in your urls.
0 Kudos
JonathonMerrick
New Contributor III
Robert,

As you recommended, changing the layer url from the hostname to the dns entry in the config.xml resolved the issue.  The identify tool now returns results from only the specified tax parcel layer when the onlythese variable is set to "true".

I was able to correct the following blank result on my own.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]23723[/ATTACH]
My sloppy coding caused the blank result to show up.  Removing the carriage return between </layer> and </layers> did the trick.

I am using the web adapter, but when I remove the port number from the url, the map services fail to load.  I'll have to look more into this.  I'm with you, it is really annoying to remember to add it.

Thanks again for your help, your contributions to this community are invaluable.  If our paths ever cross, I owe you a drink.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Jon,

Glad to help.

Don't forget to click the Mark as answer check on this post and to click the top arrow (promote).
Follow these steps as shown in the below graphic:

0 Kudos