Select to view content in your preferred language

Google Street View Widget for the Flexviewer

01-11-2011 02:25 AM
andrewj_ca
Frequent Contributor
I wanted to get some feedback on my street view widget for the Flexviewer 2.*, Check it out here:

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=f069d8a3aa304e29a432b48e5f64ca74
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
82 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Andrew,

Strange thing is I copied all the files over to a clean FlexViewer (i.e. replacing the index.template.html and giving it a google api key for my site, etc, etc), but the new division that is added never get the google streetview panorama. I put alerts in the the streetview.js to ensure that it was getting to the javascript function. I do like the drag and drop of the googleman though. I am not thrilled with the addition of the division to the main app widow though, screen real estate is to precious now a days and there is some possiblity of not being compliant with Goggles T&C.
0 Kudos
andrewj_ca
Frequent Contributor
Does the full compiled version work for you?
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Andrew,

I downloaded yesterday when there was no compiled version. I will check it out now with the compiled version.
0 Kudos
andrewj_ca
Frequent Contributor
I noticed the pano doesn't show up in Firefox.  I'm using IE 7.0.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Andrew,

That was my issue I hardly ever use ie anymore I always use firefox. That is going to be a major downfall for your widget if it is only ie compatible.
0 Kudos
andrewj_ca
Frequent Contributor
This is why I posted the code.  I will start looking for a work-around for Firefox etc.  I will also look at Google's T&C, it was our preference to have the pano embedded in the application.  I've set it to 250px in height but others can set that to whatever height they prefer in js file.  I also liked the fact that it minimizes on the widget minimize and close events.  Thanks for your comments.
0 Kudos
xandermavrides
Emerging Contributor
I have the uncompiled up and running in IE 8. As stated above it's a no go in Chrome, etc. Nice so far...
0 Kudos
andrewj_ca
Frequent Contributor
That's good to hear. Easy setup eh! This issue with Firefox, chrome etc. is the dynamic creation of the pano div.  I have a js function that calls, "body.appendChild(div)", not supported in these browsers.  Anybody have an idea?
0 Kudos
DasaPaddock
Esri Regular Contributor
This project could be helpful:
http://code.google.com/p/flex-iframe/
0 Kudos