Select to view content in your preferred language

Google Routing Widget for the Flexviewer

03-28-2011 07:05 AM
andrewj_ca
Frequent Contributor
I've just posted a widget for leveraging Google's directions api.  Download and enjoy, both compiled and uncompiled versions have been supplied.  I've posted version 1 of the widget to get some comments and maybe see what additional functionality people may want.  I have my own ideas but I'd like to get some feedback.  Please remember to rate the widget if you like what you see.

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=20fc9fd1c43c45c5a1dbf8b4f03bee79
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
27 Replies
andrewj_ca
Frequent Contributor
When you can access the URL directly but not from a flash application, it is usually due to either a missing crossdomain.xml file, or it's not configured to allow your flash application access.

In this case, look at http://www.geosmartniagara.ca/crossdomain.xml and you'll notice that it only allows access for applications hosted on cogeco.ca.  What's the URL for your application?
<allow-access-from domain="*.cogeco.ca"/>

You won't be able to use my proxy service.  I included a asp.net proxy service, "googleproxy", with the download.
0 Kudos
MikeGarza
Deactivated User
Andrew and Bjorn, thank you very much for your help. I was missing the crossdomain.xml so I created a file from Andrews and placed it inside my google proxy service. I refreshed my IIS and added in the "http://gkbz/googleproxy/Service.asmx?WSDL" as my proxzy url service and it works perfectly.

Thanks again for a great app, Andrew!

Mike Garza, GISP
0 Kudos
andrewj_ca
Frequent Contributor
Thanks Mike Don't forget to rate it. I will have an update after I get a few more comments.  I do have zoom to route working.  I will be adding from and to points and tooltips along the route.
0 Kudos
MikeGarza
Deactivated User
Hi Andrew, I have a question. I got the widget to work on Wednesday afternoon and when I opened up the website on Thursday morning the widget no longer works. It is giving me the following error message: "Google could not generate a route".

I did not make any changes to the xml or proxy service.  Have you ever run into this problem before? 

Please feel free to email at michael.garza2@sanantonio.gov

Thank you
Mike
0 Kudos
JanieGoddard
Frequent Contributor
I can download the GoogleRouting and the compiled version works great standalone.
I tried adding the Compiled Version to my FlexViewer 2.4 compiled version and the Google Routing won't execute. I have the googleProxy out there and created it in IIS. I copied the GoogleRoutingWidget into my widgets folder and updated my server name as described. I copied the two supplied images into assets/images.
Any ideas?
0 Kudos
JanieGoddard
Frequent Contributor
Any help would be greatly appreciated. This looks like a really nice widget. Thanks, Janie
0 Kudos
JanieGoddard
Frequent Contributor
I sure do miss Andy's help! Any ideas?
0 Kudos
JanieGoddard
Frequent Contributor
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Janie
0 Kudos
JanieGoddard
Frequent Contributor
Yeah...Andy's back....Can I get some help Andy with the Google Route program adding it to the Compiled version??
Thanks,
Janie Goddard
0 Kudos
andrewj_ca
Frequent Contributor
Janie,

Best place to reach me is through gmail.  Send me a msg there and we'll get you sorted out.
Cheers.

Andy
0 Kudos