Select to view content in your preferred language

eSearch (3.6.8) joined table on FClass always returns max # records

09-11-2014 12:27 PM
MegPeterson
New Contributor III

Hi all -

I'm using the Robert's eSearch widget v. 3.6.8.

I have a feature class with a joined table. Whenever I use the eSearch widget the maximum number of records (n=1000) is returned as if it's selecting everything in the feature class. I know it should only return 3 records based on my search criteria.

The field names in the .xml are set correctly based on the REST service between the two tables:

• Special_Status_Plants_info.SCI_NAME ( type: esriFieldTypeString , alias: SCI_NAME , length: 64 )
  • Special_Status_Plants.PARK_CODE ( type: esriFieldTypeString , alias: PARK_CODE , length: 8 )

The only difference between this feature class and others that are working correctly in the same service is the join.

Any ideas if this is a bug? I'm having trouble navigating the GeoNet site to look around.... And actually - anyone have a beginners guide to how to even use the GeoNet site!?

Many thanks,

Meg

0 Kudos
28 Replies
MegPeterson
New Contributor III

OKAY! Let me make ALL the changes your mentioned and I’ll get back to you.

You are invaluable….

Meg Peterson

GIS Programmer/Analyst | Planning / Stewardship / GIS Services

East Bay Regional Park District

2950 Peralta Oaks Court, Oakland, CA 94605

Tel: 510-544-2322 | Fax: 510-635-3478

mpeterson@ebparks.org<mailto:mpeterson@ebparks.org> | www.ebparks.org<http://www.ebparks.org>

STATEMENT OF CONFIDENTIALITY | This electronic message and any files or attachments transmitted with it may be confidential, privileged, or proprietary information of the East Bay Regional Park District. The information is solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it was intended to be addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that use, distribution, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately, destroy any copies, and delete it from your system.

P Please consider the environment before you print

0 Kudos
MegPeterson
New Contributor III

Instead of doing a text search, could you try a graphical one? I’ve removed the closing tag mishaps etc but I’m still having trouble.

Here’s the edited .xml

I’m using the point for my search and it returns 1000.

Returns this:

Meg Peterson

mpeterson@ebparks.org<mailto:mpeterson@ebparks.org> | www.ebparks.org<http://www.ebparks.org>

STATEMENT OF CONFIDENTIALITY | This electronic message and any files or attachments transmitted with it may be confidential, privileged, or proprietary information of the East Bay Regional Park District. The information is solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it was intended to be addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that use, distribution, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately, destroy any copies, and delete it from your system.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Meg,

This is what I receive when I draw an extent around some Fritillaria

0 Kudos
MegPeterson
New Contributor III

Could you send me back the edited .xml you were working with? Maybe I’m just fizzing out on Friday afternoon….

I’m still getting the 1000 error and you seem to be doing fine! Thanks for your help. I’ll let you know if your .xml solves my problem.

Have a good weekend, Meg

Meg Peterson

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Meg,

Here it is but remember that all the field names are different as they are coming from the shapefiles you provided instead of the FCs you have:

<layer>

<definitionexpression></definitionexpression>

<enableexport>true</enableexport>

<name>VEGETATION: Special Status Plants (EBRPD)</name>

<url>http://gis.calhouncounty.org/arcgis2/rest/services/Meg/MapServer/0</url>

<!-- REFERENCING SPECIAL_STATUS_PLANTS.SHP WHICH HAS A JOIN ON IT. THAT'S WHY THE FIELD NAMES ARE LONG BELOW  -->

<expressions>

<expression alias="" textsearchlabel="Search by Treatment Number">

<values>

<value prompt="Example: Fritillaria">Lower(Sp_plants.SCI_NAME) like Lower('%[value]%')</value>

</values>

</expression>

</expressions>

<graphicalsearchlabel>Use one of the graphical search tools to select features</graphicalsearchlabel>

<spatialsearchlayer>true</spatialsearchlayer>

<titlefield>Export_Output.COMMON_NAM</titlefield>

<fields all="false">

<field name="Export_Output.COMMON_NAM" alias="COMMON NAME" gridfield="true"/>

<field name="Sp_plants.SCI_NAME" alias="SCIENTIFIC NAME" gridfield="true"/>

<field name="Sp_plants.TOTAL_NO" alias="TOTAL NUMBER" gridfield="true"/>    

<field name="Sp_plants.MATURE_NO" alias="MATURE NUMBER" gridfield="true"/>  

<field name="Sp_plants.NOTES" alias="NOTES" gridfield="true"/>

<field name="Sp_plants.SOURCE" alias="SOURCE" gridfield="true"/>    

<field name="Sp_plants.Acres" alias="ACRES" numberformat="2|,|." sum="true" sumlabel="TOTAL GIS CALCULATED ACRES" gridfield="true"/>

<field name="Export_Output.BLOOM_DATE" alias="BLOOM DATE" gridfield="true"/>

<field name="Export_Output.CEQA_REQ" alias="CEQA REQUIRED?" gridfield="true"/>             

<field name="Export_Output.FED_STATUS" alias="FEDERAL STATUS" gridfield="true"/>

<field name="Export_Output.CA_STATUS" alias="CA. STATUS" gridfield="true"/>

<field name="Export_Output.CNPS_LIST" alias="CNPS LIST" gridfield="true"/>

<field name="Export_Output.ECNPS_CEQA" alias="E. BAY CNPS CEQA REQUIRED?" gridfield="true"/>

<field name="Export_Output.EB_STATUS" alias="EBRPD STATUS IF CEQA REQUIRED" gridfield="true"/>

<field name="Sp_plants.PARK_NAME" alias="PARK" gridfield="true"/>

<field name="Sp_plants.Botanist" alias="BOTANIST" gridfield="true"/>

<field name="Sp_plants.SURV_DATE" alias="SURVEY DATE" gridfield="true"/>

</fields>

<links/>

<zoomscale usegeometry="true" zoompercent="2"></zoomscale>

<autoopendatagrid>true</autoopendatagrid>

<enableprintgrid title="RTA Information">true</enableprintgrid>

<queryattachments>true</queryattachments>

<symbology>

<simplefillsymbol color="0xC500FF" alpha="0">

<outline color="0xFFFF00" alpha="1" width="4" />

</simplefillsymbol>

</symbology>

</layer>

0 Kudos
MegPeterson
New Contributor III

I'm going to plug in your .xml this morning and see if that works. Thanks for sending.

Can you do me a quick favor and try a graphical search looking for "Clarkia franciscana". I'm wondering if my data may be corrupt. I always get a "Fritillaria sp" return.

Thanks again.

Meg Peterson

mpeterson@ebparks.org<mailto:mpeterson@ebparks.org> | www.ebparks.org<http://www.ebparks.org/>

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Meg,

Being unfamiliar with your data, I normally do a text search first to get me to the correct location on the map then I clear the selection and do a graphical selection. I did this text search for "Clarkia franciscana" and then clicked on one of the results to get my map to the proper area and then cleared the selection and did a graphical search and it worked fine returning about 85 "Clarkia franciscana" in my envelope I drew.

0 Kudos
MegPeterson
New Contributor III

Okay - good to know. Thanks.

Meg Peterson

mpeterson@ebparks.org<mailto:mpeterson@ebparks.org> | www.ebparks.org<http://www.ebparks.org/>

0 Kudos
MegPeterson
New Contributor III

Okay - i just did an interesting test.

I cleaned the project, deleted my browsing history, and then deleted and recreated the service. Then using the graphic rectangle, drew a square out in the ocean where no data resides, and got.... a record return of 1000. This is using your .xml and mine.

The other graphic searches on layers in the xml are working fine. Have you ever seen this behavior before? Sorry for the constant back and forth.

Meg Peterson

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Meg,

Try using my map service I built using the data you sent me.

http://gis.calhouncounty.org/arcgis2/rest/services/Meg/MapServer/0

0 Kudos