Select to view content in your preferred language

Enhanced Draw Widget for FlexViewer 2.1

10-05-2010 02:27 PM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All,

As promised I will continue to convert (most of) my old 1.x widgets to Flex Viewer 2.1.

Here is the next one my enhanced draw widget.

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=91a0014160fc4a9caadc2c7fd7089c1b
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
53 Replies
CattyannCampbell
Frequent Contributor
Hi Robert! Thanks for the Enhanced Draw Widget! I suppose I should should thank you for the trouble its causing me of late ;). Actually, I have a questions... We're working on some Fire zones and one of the Firechiefs went through the trouble of using the Enhanced Draw Widget to mark-up an online service and now the issue is we need to get this into ArcGIS Desktop so we can create these zones he added via the draw widget. He saved it as a graphic layer and I can load it up in the map service but not in ArcMap gives me an error there... Is there anyway to load this in ArcMap? Export? Hate for him to do all that work then have to do it over again. Let me know if I'm missing something...

Thanks again!!!! Looking forward to more widgets!
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Cattyann,

Well... I got to say I was not expecting this one. Currently there is no way for you to do this, but if you send me the file I will see what I can do. Depending on how difficult it is I may add a shapefile export or just develop an ArcMap Addon for this.
0 Kudos
CattyannCampbell
Frequent Contributor
Cattyann,

Well... I got to say I was not expecting this one. Currently there is no way for you to do this, but if you send me the file I will see what I can do. Depending on how difficult it is I may add a shapefile export or just develop an ArcMap Addon for this.

The file is attached I'll take a shapefile export or whatever I can get...
The map service it goes with is here:
http://giseams.tompkins-co.org/tcfd/index.html

Thanks
0 Kudos
GeorgiannaStrode
Deactivated User
I tried to add some multi query to the enhanced search widget but it does not work well. What I did was to write the codes like these repetitively:

<expression useforspatial="true">pid like '[value]%'</expression>
            <textsearchlabel>Search Benchmarks by number... [ Example:  DG8990 ]</textsearchlabel>

<expression useforspatial="true">county like '[value]%'</expression>
            <textsearchlabel>Search Benchmarks by county... [ Example:  Orange ]</textsearchlabel>

I was trying to let users query on pid and county. Anyhow, it turns out the wrong way. Does any one know the right way to do it? I just wanna do query on different fields of one layer.

I would appreciate any help.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Andrea,

You will have to do this in the code. Look for the ColorPicker and set it's selectedColor.
0 Kudos
AlexJones
Emerging Contributor
Robert,

Do have any plans to add, or have you experimented with, supporting the ability to move the graphics in the enhanced draw widget? I have tried adding this using object handles, but I am getting a few errors which seem to reference either a null object reference with the gra.geometry.type or  Error #1034: Type Coercion failed: cannot convert com.roguedevelopment.objecthandles::VisualElementHandle@afce479 to com.esri.ags.Graphic. Either way I was curious if you have done any work in this area. I cannot re produce the errors consistently enough for debugging. Sometimes it works and sometimes it fails. I know it is possible without object handles, but it seemed like a viable option for this.

As always thank you.

Alex
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Alex,

Nope, I have not considered adding that to this widget. I curious... How would that be valuable?
0 Kudos
AlexJones
Emerging Contributor
This would be great for fine tuning the placement of text in relation to the shapes. The ability to rotate the graphics (text) to best placement along a line for example. In our organization the graphics are heavily used for various reasons, editing will take away from this to some degree, and our users don't always take into account how the graphics or text markup will fall in relation to various layers that may be on or off at that time(unchecked or scale dependent). In our current version (based on 1.x) we added basic support for this using the redlinegraphics sample from the code gallery + your draw widget as a base. I was trying to use object handles to add the ability to move + rotate the graphics layer.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Alex,

OK now I see the value. Care to share what you have so far, maybe I can get it worked out.
0 Kudos
AlexJones
Emerging Contributor
Sure. I included the roguedevelopment package too, but you may want to use a fresh download.

http://code.google.com/p/flex-object-handles/

Eventually I was also going to try using sizing, or sizing constraints with the graphics layer as well.
0 Kudos