Enhanced Draw Widget for FlexViewer 2.1

10-05-2010 02:27 PM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All,

As promised I will continue to convert (most of) my old 1.x widgets to Flex Viewer 2.1.

Here is the next one my enhanced draw widget.

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=91a0014160fc4a9caadc2c7fd7089c1b
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
53 Replies
MarcWeinshenker1
Occasional Contributor
Very nice!  Thanks, Robert.
0 Kudos
deleted-user-RjoC4IOGTpoH
New Contributor
Great job as usual Robert.

Thanks !!
0 Kudos
ErwanCaradec
New Contributor III
Thanks Robert !

A suggestion : Mesurements labels are not always very legible, i think it would be useful if you could add controls for the TextSymbol properties : border, borderColor, background and backgoundColor.

Erwan
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Erwan,

Thanks for the suggestion I will look into adding this to the next version.
0 Kudos
LeeAllen
Occasional Contributor
Thanks, awesome!  The only functionality that looks like it is not there is the radius distance display when you draw a circle.  Can the code for this be added in?
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Lee,

The old 1.x version of this widget was using a custom circle drawtool and had the ability to display the circles radius when drawing, now that I an using esri's standard drawtool (because it now supports circles and ellipses) we have lost that ability to display the radius when drawing circles.
0 Kudos
JürgenSchopp
New Contributor
Hello Robert,

....that is a fantastic widget tool for ArcGIS Viewer for Flex 2.1. Thank you very much !!!

Juergen Schopp
GIS-Administrator
Verband Region Stuttgart
Germany
0 Kudos
MattiasEkström
Occasional Contributor III
Robert, I might have found a little bug.
After I've drawn a polyline and want to draw another polyline, I click the icon but now the drawtool isn't a polyline but just a line. But if I click antother icon and then click the polyline icon again then the drawtool will be a polyline again. This behavior is the same in your sample in the code gallery, maybe you want it that way, but to me it doesn't make sense, so I looked at the code and found out that:
when enterstate drawToolsLine DrawTool.POLYLINE is passed to the activateDrawTool function.
<s:State name="drawToolsLine" enterState="activateDrawTool(DrawTool.POLYLINE, null)"/>

but when the image is clicked DrawTool.LINE is passed to the activateDrawTool function.
<mx:Image click="{(currentState == 'drawToolsLine')?activateDrawTool(DrawTool.LINE, null):currentState = 'drawToolsLine'}" ......

I guess it's supposed to be the same in both these cases, DrawTool.POLYLINE if that is the expected tool. I changed the code to this and it works as I want it to.
Just wanted to report this because to me it looks like a typo or something like that...
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Mattias,

Thanks for reporting this, it is just a typo and will be fixed in the next release.
0 Kudos