Data extract tool - ArcGIS Server 10.2

Jump to solution
09-27-2013 01:37 AM
GavinWepener
New Contributor II
The shapefile and file geodatabse formats works 100% when using the Data extract widget in ArcGIS Viewer for Flex 3.4. However when I try to extract the same feature in any of the default CAD formats, the output zip file is just empty. No errors, just empty.

Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong?

Regards,

Gavin
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarkSteele2
New Contributor II
I had the exact issue this week.  After a few hours on the phone with ESRI support, they discovered that it is a known issue with 10.2 that will be fixed in SP1.  Until then browse to your scripts folder on both your desktop and server, rename the ExtractData.py and replace it with the file attached.  Rerun/publish the models and you should be in good shape.

Below are the locations for the scripts directories for desktop and server.

Desktop (Win7):  C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\Desktop10.2\ArcToolbox\Scripts
Server (Win2008):  C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Server\ArcToolbox\Scripts

Good Luck!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MarkSteele2
New Contributor II
I had the exact issue this week.  After a few hours on the phone with ESRI support, they discovered that it is a known issue with 10.2 that will be fixed in SP1.  Until then browse to your scripts folder on both your desktop and server, rename the ExtractData.py and replace it with the file attached.  Rerun/publish the models and you should be in good shape.

Good Luck!
0 Kudos
GavinWepener
New Contributor II
Thanks Mark!

Your solution work 100% first time around.
0 Kudos
DanielSmith
Occasional Contributor III

Good Luck!

worked for me too... many MANY MANY THANKS
0 Kudos
DanielSmith
Occasional Contributor III
So out of curiosity i ran a Diff on the version supplied here and the one that was replaced.

there was only one change to the clip or the clip_convert functions but wan in the except statement. the changes seem to be in the zipUpFolder function and the makeOutputPath function and mainly deal with strings and unicode chars....
0 Kudos
EzequiasRodrigues_da_Rocha
New Contributor III
worked for me too... many MANY MANY THANKS

It works for misplaced characters also? like:

Explora�??º�??úo.shp
where expected
Exploração.shp (in Portuguese)

This kind of problem is a matter of server configuration or the widget configuration?

Regards
Ezequias Rocha
0 Kudos