Select to view content in your preferred language

Vehicle Tracks - Querying/Filtering in Dashboards Takes a LONG Time. Ideas?

Sunday
ArmstKP
Regular Contributor

When I try to filter vehicle tracks in a dashboard, it takes 2+ minutes to display on the map and the browser tab memory sky-rockets.  If you happen to change the zoom level, buckle-up for a few more minutes, but most the time the features do not successfully refresh.  This specific vehicle tracks service has over 1.5 million records.  Is there a more efficient way to manage this, or is there a way in swagger to add an attribute index on the date field to help with this?  I have tried applying a filter in the webmap and that doesn't seem have an effect on query performance in the dashboard.

2 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @ArmstKP,

Where is the data be stored?  Is it in an Enterprise Geodatabase, Relational Data Store, or Spatiotemporal Data Store.  With data this large I recommend using the Spatiotemporal Data Store.

0 Kudos
ArmstKP
Regular Contributor

@JakeSkinner this particular one is a hosted feature layer.  I specifically did not choose spatiotemporal because I had needed to edit/add fields, which you couldn't do with a spatiotemporal.  If I were to have chosen spatiotemporal, and my AVL provider now pushes additional fields, I would not be able to take advantage of those fields.  Or, if when I had chosen spatiotemporal and I had noticed I hadn't utilized a field I actually want to utilize now, I couldn't add that field.  Seems like a conundrum.

0 Kudos