Select to view content in your preferred language

Utility Network Trace Widget

Jump to solution
03-11-2022 03:43 PM
LoganSuhr_PSE
Occasional Contributor

Hi all,

I currently have an electric utility network service published and then consumed inside a map with a few named trace configurations enabled.  I feel comfortable using these named configurations in Pro, but I'm really looking for a web app widget to trace a UN.  Where does this widget exist?

I don't see the widget when configuring a new WAB app in Portal.  I don't see it as an available widget in the 'stemapp/widgets' folder when trying to configure a custom web app.  And finally, I don't see it in the Experience Builder either.

I am trying to follow this post:

https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/utility-network/data-management/trace-a-utility-network-wi...

Can somebody explain it to me like I'm 5?  Where is the MapView config and what do I have to do to get the UN trace widget?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
12 Replies
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @bives_rwu ,

There are two different products mentioned in this blog: Experience Builder and Instant Apps.

You will find the Sidebar template in the Instant Apps. Unfortunately, that template is not available in Enterprise 10.9.1. It is only available starting at 11.0.

0 Kudos
bives_rwu
New Contributor II

@AlixVezinaThank your for your reply. I was sure I was missing a critical step somewhere. I will have to look into upgrading to get the functionality needed. I appreciate your help!

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

@bives_rwu 

The Utility Network Trace widget is available in the Sidebar template of the Instant Apps starting at Enterprise 11.0 (July 2022) and in Experience Builder starting at Enterprise 11.1 (April 2023).

Another option is to use ArcGIS Online and connect it to your Portal content. See Step 3 in Configure an Application to Trace a Utility Network (esri.com)

0 Kudos