Utility Network - Parallel Tier Ranks

02-13-2020 02:38 AM
DamienPyne
Occasional Contributor

I am looking for some support in how to configure parallel ranks.  The documentation on Tiers—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation states:

Tier rank

In a domain network, the relative position of a tier is called a rank. Ranks control the trace order of subnetworks from different tiers. A rank value is assigned to a tier when it's created. A value of 1 represents the highest rank, and higher numeric values represent tiers with lower rank.

Parallel ranks are supported for both tier definitions. For example, in a gas network, the System tier and Gathering tier can both have a rank of 3.

We defined our tiers with parallel ranks in our model:

This produced the following error when applying the AP.

2020-02-12 14:45:04 The asset package has the following errors (1/1):     Item Field   OID Value         Message  Level0  B_Tier  rank  None  None  Rank must be 2  error

Failed to execute (AssetPackageToUtilityNetwork).

Once we changed the ranks to sequential 1-11 there were no issues.

We are using Pro2.4.3, 10.7.1

Any help would be fantastic, not sure if you could offer help Remi Myers‌ or Paul LeBlanc‌.

15 Replies
VishApte
Esri Contributor

Paul LeBlanc‌ Thanks for clarification. I have a similar request from a Water Utility for Water Distribution. Two ranks "Raw Water" and "Reclaim Water" at the same rank level above "System" rank. And we are not keen to move to Enterprise 10.8 or Pro 2.4 for UN editing. Will just use Pro 2.5 to build UN model.

0 Kudos
DamienPyne
Occasional Contributor

Paul how does this document relate? 

System requirements—ArcGIS Help | ArcGIS Solutions for Electric 

This states pro2.5 and enterprise 10.8.

We are building our own data model and I just want to ensure we have considered everything related to UNM versions, Pro versions, untools versions and enterprise versions. 

0 Kudos
DanielSimo
Esri Contributor

Hi Damien Pyne‌ and Paul LeBlanc‌, I can confirm that by using ArcGIS Pro 2.5 and UNTOOLS 2.5 I was able to successfully apply an Asset Package (containing Parallel Tier Ranks) to an EGDB:

Regards

AnneSanta_Maria1
New Contributor III

Damien Pyne

Paul LeBlanc

We have run into the same issue during the apply asset package stage with our own data. We are using the asset package schema 2.4, untools 2.5.1, and ArcGIS Pro 2.5.2. We don't have a high voltage network and during the apply asset package stage, we have unchecked the configure transmission tier. Is this something related again to all the versions of the tools, package, and pro aligning or due to the fact that we are trying to modify the configurations? 

0 Kudos
PaulLeBlanc1
Esri Contributor

I believe they are unrelated. It looks like you are applying to a UN that already has tiers? If so, then that error is expected because the tiers are shifted down because you deselected transmission but then your UN requires the ranks be shifted up.

AnneSanta_Maria1
New Contributor III

Ah yes, that would be the case! Thank you.

0 Kudos