Utility and Pipeline Data Model (UPDM) Arcade error: Field not found

03-23-2022 08:39 AM
JacobBlankenship1
New Contributor II

JacobBlankenship1_0-1648047859588.png

JacobBlankenship1_1-1648048194972.png

I am having a issue with Arcade code not being able to find field in the featureclass(Pipeline Line), when trying to do calculate geometry on a field. I use to be able to do this fine as of week ago but know it wont work at all. I updated my ArcGIS pro to 2.9.2 and added some domains to the pressure sensor pipe since than. I for a fact that the field "material" is in the table and spelled correctly and matched the arcade expression in the attribute rules.

I attached a Blank GDB for reference to replicate the issue 

Anyone have any ideas?

0 Kudos
14 Replies
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

There is an issue when you use a cursor on a class with attribute rules.  You need to make sure all the fields in the AR are in the fields list for the cursor.

0 Kudos
JacobBlankenship1
New Contributor II

AR?

Shouldn't the "Calculate Geometry" include all the fields when running the cursor.

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

AR = Attribute Rule, sorry for the abbreviation  

Looking at the script, it does not.  Only fields it is updating.  The core script would need to be modified.  

MikeMillerGIS_0-1648053963872.png

0 Kudos
JacobBlankenship1
New Contributor II

Ok, I guess I am confused as to why it just stopped working this week and was fine last week. It seems more likely that the issues is something with Arcade expressions or the network.

Also have had this issue, (which was also working last week as well) The project map is set to a state plane.

JacobBlankenship1_0-1648054830721.png

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

I did find a bug for the issue if you want to follow https://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/QlVHLTAwMDE0NTc2MA==

0 Kudos
JacobBlankenship1
New Contributor II

Thanks you,

Any ideas about symbol rotation error? (maybe just another bug)

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

If you have an active edit session, it should work.  When there is an active edit session, the backend logic pulls all the fields.  

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

The rule is calling Angle, I am testing to see if angle ever worked on a geographic system.  

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

I narrowed it down to Buffer, not angle.  This worked on my 2.8.4 machine, but did not work on my 2.9.2 machine.  I will post an update if I learn more.  

0 Kudos