Select to view content in your preferred language

Using trace configurations in attribute rules

Jump to solution
04-24-2022 02:58 PM
PierreloupDucroix
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

I want to automatically set an attribute, based on a trace, to every feature created in a utility network.

Example : I want every line created downstream a circuit breaker feeder, to have the name of this feeder affected in a specific attribute.  I have a subnetwork controller which is not my feeder but the transformer in the station. Then I want to trace upstream in the subnetwork, get the first feeder and get its name when I create a cable.

PierreloupDucroix_0-1650837190436.png

Is this possible using attribute rules ? If not, is there another way to do it ?

I first thought about using attribute propagation, but it only works with numerical values and not text. So I don't think it is easily applicable here, neither made for this purpose.

Thanks

13 Replies
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

Can you enable debug logging and share the results with us?

- Open UDMS toolbox

- Open the python windoe

- Enter the following

import udms
udms.logger.setLevel('DEBUG')

0 Kudos
PierreloupDucroix

Hi,

this is the new trace, we believe that it may be caused by the "geoprocessing value object object" not having a casefold, but not sure what kind of object it is.

udms 2.9.1
udms.logic.batch_trace(
utility_network=<arcpy._mp.Layer object at 0x000001F4012EA388>,
trace_locations=<arcpy._mp.Layer object at 0x000001F4012EA408>,
result_types=['CALCULATE'],
output_folder=None,
summary_store_field=None,
field_mapping=[[<geoprocessing value object object at 0x000001F3E9CE1390>, 'Ligne', 'depart', 'FIRST']],
key_field=None,
expression=None,
trace_config='Field:: TraceConfigName',
calc_on_start=False,
)
udms.logic.batch_trace- 0.26459930000004306
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 30, in <module>
File "D:\...\Toolboxes\20221024_UtilityDataManagementSupport_29.atbx\udms\esri.py", line 118, in wrapper
File "D:\...\Toolboxes\20221024_UtilityDataManagementSupport_29.atbx\udms\logic\__init__.py", line 158, in batch_trace
File "D:\...\Toolboxes\20221024_UtilityDataManagementSupport_29.atbx\udms\logic\trace.py", line 195, in __init__

File "D:\...\Toolboxes\20221024_UtilityDataManagementSupport_29.atbx\udms\logic\trace.py", line 195, in <listcomp>

AttributeError: ValueObject : obtention d’attribut : casefold n’existe pas

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

That is what I suspected.  Now to isolated why this is coming as this object vs a string.  Are you running this tool from history?  Are you selecting a layer in the map for the starting points or a lyrx file?

0 Kudos
PierreloupDucroix

I tried almost everything, from selecting in the map or in the gdb, to copying the startingPoint layer in a mobile geodabase, opening the toolbox in a blank project, from the history, from the atbx...

Is there a way I can give you access to my Service / gdb, so you can try by yourself ?

0 Kudos