Select to view content in your preferred language

untools for ArcGIS Pro 3.3 - Package Install Errors

Jump to solution
06-11-2024 11:46 AM
tjaroch
New Contributor II

I recently upgraded to ArcGIS Pro 3.3.0 and am now unable to reinstall untools for Utility Network.  Prior to upgrading Pro, I upgraded the .NET for Desktop to 8.0.5 x64 as requested during my first 3.3.0 install attempt.

After a successful upgrade, I cloned my environment and attempted to install untools from the project Package Manager.  The install failed on both frozen and flexible solves with the error: "The environment is inconsistent, please check the package plan carefully. The following packages are causing the inconsistency:", along with the list of incompatible packages.

If I attempt to Update or Update All packages in Package Manager, I receive similar errors.

Stackoverflow posted advice to use the Python Command Prompt to enter 'conda update --all', however this eventually returns the same errors as the Package Manager attempts.

I am a relative novice to these set up configurations and am hoping there is something simple I am overlooking?  Any advice is appreciated! Am willing to share the full log outputs as well if it would help (:

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SamDeLore
New Contributor II

Hi @tjaroch,

I did this just today, cloned the new environment and installed some packages but the changes weren't sticking. Running ArcGIS Pro as admin when doing the clone / install did the trick for me.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
SamDeLore
New Contributor II

Hi @tjaroch,

I did this just today, cloned the new environment and installed some packages but the changes weren't sticking. Running ArcGIS Pro as admin when doing the clone / install did the trick for me.

tjaroch
New Contributor II

Thank you for this input!  I tried performing the steps after running ArcPro as an administrator but am still getting the same errors.

0 Kudos
tjaroch
New Contributor II

After working with Esri technical support, the above truly was the solution.  I was not doing a purely clean administrative install and indeed, either firewall or antivirus was blocking needed files.

0 Kudos