Select to view content in your preferred language

Editor Tracking

06-13-2024 07:23 AM
JoanAHickey
New Contributor

Has anyone had success with changing the name of the editor tracking fields in the UN?  We do not want to use the system fields: Creator, CreationDate, lastupdate, updatedby. I know I can change the alias, but other processes are linked to a different named field.

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

Once they are created, you cannot change them.  You could create new fields and disable/enable editor tracking on those.  If you export to Asset Package, and re-create your UN, it does uses the editor tracking fields you have defined in your source if you have them.

JoaquinMadrid1
New Contributor III

Piggyback on Michael's answer... and because that is how I create our own editor tracking fields... I do not use the Right-click->Manage->Editor Tracking mode, but rather the Enable Editor Tracking GPTool. although a bit more tedious, it allows you to select the fields that you want to use for tracking edits.

Also... you may consider this additional approach. Think of Esri's default editor tracking fields as one more set of Esri internal management necessary evil... Yet, if you want some kind of custom trackability... create your own fields (the sky is the limit) and write ARs to handle their behavior. (As for the Esri defaults?, hide them from visibility in your client application.)

0 Kudos