Unable to select vertical lines in the map window

Jump to solution
02-18-2021 06:17 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm experiencing an issue in attempting to select vertical lines within my UNM in my map window. 

I am unable to select a HV connector with the select tool in the map window by either clicking directly on it, or by clicking a dragging a selection rectangle around it. It selects all other assets around it, but not the vertical line segment. the only way i can select this segment is in the attribute table or 'select by attribute'.

Has anyone seen this before.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi! 

I have encountered this issue in the past. Do you have a dash effect on the line at all? This and line cap type can cause issues with both rendering and selecting a perfectly vertical line segment. 

If this is the case a solution is to either remove the dash effect (and ensure the line cap type is set to "Round"), or if you want to preserve the symbology, you can add a non-dashed, round-capped stroke layer into the symbol, and simply set the colour to "no colour" (HEX 000000) and this will act as a selectable line segment for the purposes of selecting in the map window. 

Hope this helps! 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi! 

I have encountered this issue in the past. Do you have a dash effect on the line at all? This and line cap type can cause issues with both rendering and selecting a perfectly vertical line segment. 

If this is the case a solution is to either remove the dash effect (and ensure the line cap type is set to "Round"), or if you want to preserve the symbology, you can add a non-dashed, round-capped stroke layer into the symbol, and simply set the colour to "no colour" (HEX 000000) and this will act as a selectable line segment for the purposes of selecting in the map window. 

Hope this helps! 

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank-you, when i adjusted my symbology based on your feedback I have been able to select the vertical line now. 

The vertical line appears to be unable to render in the map window with the dashed line, and changing the symbology now makes it selectable.