Select to view content in your preferred language

Tracing a read only Utility Network

Jump to solution
a month ago
SamDeLore
New Contributor III

Hi all,

I'm trying to publish a Utility Network service for use in a web app that's capable of tracing but not editing.

I'd like the service to be read-only, so I've disabled editing & omitted the version management capability. It publishes fine, but when testing the tracing in Pro, the trace fails with error 001992: Dataset must be versioned.

Do I need to enable version-management even though the service is designed to be read-only, or is this config just not supported?

ArcGIS Pro: 3.3.1 

UN: 7

ArcGIS Enterprise 11.3

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

This configuration is not currently supported by ArcGIS Pro, but there is an outstanding enhancement request to support this configuration for operations like trace.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
SamDeLore
New Contributor III

Follow up for anyone who may run into this in the future:

After some further testing, I believe this may be a bug in Pro.

I was able to successfully trace this service in both VertiGIS Networks (V1.5) & Experience Builder (v1.14).

The error in pro (Dataset must be versioned) looks like it could be related to something interfering with the correct Data Source properties of the UN layers when the version management capability is not included with the published service. Below is a screenshot of the service in Pro, it reads as Not Versioned & Archiving not enabled, even though both are enabled (necessarily) on the Feature Class in the EGDB. The other 2 screenshots are from VertiGIS & EB showing a successful trace.

ProTraceBug.pngEBTraceBug.pngVGISTraceBug.png

0 Kudos
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

This configuration is not currently supported by ArcGIS Pro, but there is an outstanding enhancement request to support this configuration for operations like trace.

LarryYoung
Esri Contributor

Hi All,

I'm told the potential work around for this is to go ahead an enable the Version Management Service, but then after the service is published go to Server Manager > Services > Capabilities > select Version Management and uncheck all Operations allowed.

Give that a try. 

It is something we want to address in Pro at some time, but the concern is over the potential unexpected ramifications. 

larry

0 Kudos