Trace features through different domains

Jump to solution
03-20-2022 08:47 PM
PierreloupDucroix
Occasional Contributor II

Hi,

I have 3 domains in an electric UN (Electric, Structure, Light) but two different cases :

Sometimes streetlights are connected to other features from the Light Domain (light poles, light cables) but sometimes, they are connected to the electric domain (an electric node) thought structure poles via structural attachment, see below :

PierreloupDucroix_0-1647834037236.png

In the first case, I can easily trace Light Features, but in the second case, when I start a trace in the electric domain, I cannot get the streetlights. The trace stops at the structure pole (I checked "include structures" in the trace configuration).

Is there a way to trace the three domains so that I can find the streetlight that are connected to the electric cable through the pole ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

I do not think this is possible.  We have modeled Lights in the electrical domain so allow tracing the electric lines to get to lights.  You could model the light system as just a different subnetwork in electric.  

You could also model an association from the electric node to the streetlight, that might work.  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

I do not think this is possible.  We have modeled Lights in the electrical domain so allow tracing the electric lines to get to lights.  You could model the light system as just a different subnetwork in electric.  

You could also model an association from the electric node to the streetlight, that might work.  

0 Kudos
PierreloupDucroix
Occasional Contributor II

Hi,

Since it is not allowed to create connectivity association between Structure domain features and another domain, I added a connectivity asso between the streetlight and the electric node.

I kept the structural attachment between the light and pole, and between the pole and the node.

PierreloupDucroix_0-1648423998787.png

It works now as expected.

Thank you

0 Kudos