System Junctions not archiving after Validate

2 weeks ago
rlyding
New Contributor III

I am running into an issue where I have about a dozen System Junctions (referring to the UN system table UN_SystemJunctions) not archiving after properly connecting pipes to devices and validating. I have a few examples below. This doesn't seem to impact network connectivity and these features are connected as the IsConnected attribute is True. When running a diagram on the features no system junctions points are returned.

It appears to happen rarely and I have yet to pinpoint the cause or replicate, however the only feedback I have from users is poor internet connection could be a possible cause.

Workflow is as follows: User creates a new line feature -> User forgets to create connected point feature, line is not snapped to point feature, or feature and line have mismatched z values -> User validates and a system junction is created in UN_systemjunctions -> User fixes the line connectivity issue or deletes line -> User validates again and system junction(s) should be marked as deleted in system junction table and archived.

In some cases the system junction record is not being resolved after validating and there are no longer any connection issues with the line.

Is this something to worry about? Is there a way to fix them? We currently have a view layer pointing to the system junctions UN system table to help QA/QC network connectivity. I have tried various ways to eliminate these "phantom" junctions, beyond trying to edit tables directly in SQL backend which I avoided as I wasn't sure what impact that would have. I currently have 11 I am unable to resolve out of about a thousand that have resolved correctly since our UN start date.

Example 1: Is Connected is True on Both of the following features and are part of subnetwork. However the system junction created remains.

SysJunc1.PNGSysJunc2.PNG

Here is the record in the system junction system table no archive record created and original record not given delete date and flag, even after everything has been connected properly and validated:

SysJunc3.PNG

Example of another system junction in the same area but was archived/deleted correctly after fix and validate:

SysJunc4.PNG

Example 2: System Junction remains even after the line is deleted:

Sysjunc6.PNG

Above System Junction records no archived created after fix and delete of line:

SysJunc5.PNG

Sysjunc6.PNG

UN Basic Diagram result has no system junction points shown. Verifying connectivity is okay:

diagrm1.PNG

Any feedback on this would be appreciated. Thanks!

UN Version 6

ArcGIS Pro 3.2.1

Enterprise Portal 11.2

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

Please log a case with Esri support about this issue.

0 Kudos